Are JW's Showing Enough Appreciation To Apostates?

by Englishman 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

IMHO, definitely not!

Think about it though. We are the chappies who keep the congregations clean!

Take the UN debacle. If it hadn't been for people like us, the WTBTS would still be cavorting around with the scarlet beast. It took an apostate to weed out the fact the WTBTS were an official United Nations approved NGO. The WTBTS ceased it's adulterous relationship and dropped the whole thing like a hot potato. But did they show their appreciation for this assistance in cleaning up their act? Humm, no, I think not.

Then there is the issue of child abuse. Once again, this took a departing JW elder plus thousands of letters to congregations from hundreds of JWD posters to alert the elders to the prevalence of paedophilia within the congregations. Faced with overwhelming evidence the WTBTS are reluctantly accepting the fact that they have a massive problem in their midst and are beginning to inroduce new guidlines into the art and mystery of paedophile management. As to whether or not they appreciate our help in keeping the conregations clean, one can only surmise that they do not.

I'm sure that there are many instances of apostates spotting faults within the confines of dub-dom, wouldn't it be nice if the JW's were to post a great big thank you right on this board?

Englishman. Not holding his breath.

Edited by - Englishman on 15 December 2002 8:51:58

Edited by - Englishman on 15 December 2002 8:53:34

• Scully
    Scully

Isn't that SO true???

My original complaint about the JWs when I first decided to leave was the lack of Christian love among them - I know you've read about my history already so I won't repeat myself - but when I spoke up about it, I got treated even WORSE because I had dared to "say bad things about the congregation". Never mind that it was true. I suppose they expected me to just keep turning the other cheek, and when I didn't, well it just wouldn't do.

Love, Scully

• Mary
    Mary

Englishman said: "......this took a departing JW elder plus thousands of letters to congregations from hundreds of JWD posters to alert the elders to the prevalence of paedophilia within the congregations. Faced with overwhelming evidence the WTBTS are reluctantly accepting the fact that they have a massive problem in their midst and are beginning to inroduce new guidlines into the art and mystery of paedophile management......."

They ARE??? This is news to me. My impression is that even after the Dateline, CNN and Panorama programs, they STILL refuse to admit that there's a problem. They've never acknowledged the problem, they've certainly never apologized and they seem intent on disfellowshipping anyone who's been abused or who has knowledge of the cover-up within the Organization......have they actually admitted publically that there's a problem?

• Englishman
    Englishman

Mary,

I understand that there are covert meetings being held by elders at the behest of the society as to how to deal with paedophiles in the congregations.

There's been a couple of posts recently about this, I' ll have to spend some time wading through to find them.

Englishman.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Good point Eman,

Good folks here deserve a little gratitude instead of shunning.

Jst2

• Farkel
    Farkel

Englishman,

: Faced with overwhelming evidence the WTBTS are reluctantly accepting the fact that they have a massive problem in their midst and are beginning to inroduce new guidlines into the art and mystery of paedophile management.

Since when?

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 15 December 2002 11:58:38

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey E-man,I totaly agree with you.WBTS has proven they are not competent enough to keep their own organization clean.To make things worse,they hide a much as they can.It takes people from outside the organization to clean up the WBTS mess.Doe`s WBTS offer even one word of gratitude?Not likely,their too busy covering up wrong doing by their own people...WBTS shame on you! You could at least give out coupons for a free ride at a local amusment park,or t-shirts that say:WBTS is the spokesman for god and we don`t know what we`re doing,SOMEBODY HELP US!!!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Beans
    Beans

They must be showing appreciation, cause they keep coming to everyones doors and asking them to return to the Hall for more love!

Beans

http://www.quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/

• Englishman
    Englishman

Although I suspect that we are only observing lip-service here, nonetheless JW's are most definitely aware that child abuse exists. This is off their own site:

TO STOP abuse, you must know it when you see it. In the numerous books on the subject, experts have listed dozens of telltale signs of abuse that parents can watch for. These include: complaints of pain while urinating or defecating, genital infections, abrasions or lesions in the genital area, the sudden onset of bed-wetting, appetite loss or other eating problems, precocious sexual behavior, a sudden fear of such places as school or parts of the house, periods of panic, an extreme fear of undressing, a fear of being alone with a familiar person, and self-mutilation.

However, be careful about jumping to conclusions. Most of these symptoms do not by themselves necessarily mean that a child has actually been sexually abused. Each could indicate some other problem. But if you see disturbing symptoms, gently broach the subject, perhaps with such a statement as: "If anyone ever touches you in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable, I want you to know that you can always tell me, and I'll do all I can to protect you. Has anything like that ever happened to you?"Proverbs 20:5.

If your child discloses sexual abuse, you will no doubt feel shattered. But remember: Your reaction will play a major role in the child's recovery. Your child has been carrying an unbearable burden and needs you, with all your adult strength, to lift it from her or his shoulders. Praise the child for being so brave as to tell you what happened. Repeatedly reassure the child that you will do your best to provide protection; that the abuse was the abuser's fault, not the child's; that the child is not "bad"; that you love the child.

Some legal experts advise reporting the abuse to the authorities as soon as possible. In some lands the legal system may require this. But in other places the legal system may offer little hope of successful prosecution.

What, though, when the abuser is one's own beloved mate? Sad to say, many women fail to take decisive action. To be sure, it is never easy to face the ugly reality of a mate who is a child abuser. Emotional ties, and even financial dependency, can be overwhelmingly strong. The wronged wife may also realize that taking action could cost her husband his family, his job, his reputation. * The hard truth is, though, that he may just be reaping what he has sown. (Galatians 6:7) Innocent children, on the other hand, stand to lose much more if they are not believed and protected. Their whole future is at stake. They do not have the resources that adults have. Trauma can scar and shape them adversely for life. They are the ones who need and deserve tender treatment.Compare Genesis 33:13, 14.

Parents must therefore make every reasonable effort to protect their children! Many responsible parents choose to seek out professional help for an abused child. Just as you would with a medical doctor, make sure that any such professional will respect your religious views. # Help your child rebuild his or her shattered self-esteem through a steady outpouring of parental love.

* In reality, the molester is already in trouble and badly needs help. Even if the perpetrator claims to be sorry, the wronged mate may consider: Why didn't he confess before being exposed by his victim?

That last bit bothers me, seems to be too much concern for the molestor IMHO.

Englishman.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf
    I'm sure that there are many instances of apostates spotting faults within the confines of dub-dom, wouldn't it be nice if the JW's were to post a great big thank you right on this board?

Englishman. Not holding his breath.

Although I don't agree with you regarding the NGO/UN issue, I think a number of other things has to do with the fulfillment of Daniel 11:35, something therefore that was foretold to happen immediately prior to the time of the end getting underway. So, yes, I suppose I have to say "thanks" even to apostates for participating in the refinement of which Daniel 11:35 speaks. Do you realize that you are hurrying the end's coming? This is all soooooo ironic!

Friday

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit