How to help a JW using 607, 1914 stuff.

by apocalypse 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• uriah
    uriah

Nahr, guv'nor it the gawds 'onest troof guv'nor 'onest injin i reads it in a wowtchtower gor-blimey guv!

• link
    link

Phew! Thats a relief.

Thanks for clearing it up.

I've got several relatives capable of writing that in all seriousness.

link

• uriah
    uriah

Don't mention it old bean, I can rant like any good rutherfordite, ahem:

Now that satan has tried his hardest to usurp the power and the majesty of his Chief Executive and to try and destroy his Government on earth, the Faithul Slave class, he has clearly set his sights on Jehovahs People here on earth doing the righteous business of the Chief Executive, the Great and Glorious King Jesus Christ. Nay, brothers, nay shall he cause hinderence to Jehovahs People. The coming great war of Almighty God, Jehovah, shall doom all religionists and other agents of Satan to the eternal flames of Gehenna, that place reserved for the most heionious of enemies of the Great and Powerful King. Clearly, the prophesy of Amos shows that many of our bretheren shall be swayed by the propaganda of satans system, their feet enmeshed in his whiles - the using of aluminum and the evil X rays that are harmful to man and beast .....

• link
    link

Steady up uriah, youre batting on the wrong side here.

Aluminium is believed to have a connection with Altzheimers disease and X rays are known to be killers. Thats why there used to kill off cancerous tissue.

Now try hitting a six for our side old chap.

link

• hooberus
    hooberus

A simpler way to disprove the 1914, 1919 FDS doctrine is to simply show the 1919 Topical Index to the Watchtower Reprints. Under the "That" heading

"That Servant: An Individual, not a class"

Since the index summarizes the WT teachings up to July 1919 there was no FDS class for Jesus to appoint!

Edited by - hooberus on 19 December 2002 20:59:32

• link
    link

hooberus,

The standard reply to such remarks is that there has been numerous helpings of New Light since 1919! If your points are not the latest WBTS thinking they are not considered as valid.

link

• hooberus
    hooberus

link, this is how I would respond to the "new light" argument.

"Yes, Mr. Witness I know that the FDS teaching was changed in February 1927 to the current one that the FDS is a "class." However this is not the issue that concerns me. The main thing that concerns me is that the Watchtower claims that there was a slave class in the year 1919 when there wasn't one. In oder for Watchtower history to be correct Jesus had to appoint a slave class in the year 1919. The historical facts show that one did not exist, hense the Watchtower has lied about their history."

link, here is another way to respond to the "new light" argument.

"Mr. Witness the Watchtower claims that the new light is progressive, right? . In fact the Watchtower first taught that the FDS was a "class", then the Watchtower claimed to have new understanding or new light that the FDS was an "individual not a class." So the idea that the FDS is "not a class" was the "new light". Then later the Watchtower returned to the "old light" and once again taught that the FDS was a "class."

Summary of Watchtower FDS teaching

• 1879 to 1896 "A class"
    • 1896 to 1927 "An individual, not a class"
    • 1927 to pres "A class"

Edited by - hooberus on 20 December 2002 14:46:21

• D8TA
    D8TA

I couldn't let that 666th post go, it just screams for bad luck to come my way!

I'm sorry Simon, but...

Scholar types:

scholar BA MA Stidies in Religion.

Notice it? NOTICE IT?!

Can't believe he...ha ha...said...Ha ha ha...that he said...HA HA ha...that he said, that he said...HA HA HA....Scholar BA MA STIDIES in Religion...OH AH HA HA HA HA HA HAHA HAHAHAHAHA HA * TEARS IN MY EYES * HA HA HA HA HAHAHHAHAHA!!!!

* cough *

No, really...please..ha ha ha ha...just please...hAHAHahahaHA!!!!! * tries to type but can't *

Oh god! Oh god! My stomach is hurting! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

I've read EVERY single THREAD that your name appears in Mr.....hahahahahah..."Scholar"...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Every time...EVERY SINGLE TIME...when some poster asks for you to GIVE evidence ( a link/article/book/anything! ) to your counterpoint to an arguement...YOU HAVE NEVER SUPPLIED ANY!! Ooooooohhhhhh...aahahahHAHAahahah!!!!

Please, everybody...just...ahhahahhaha...spend 5 minutes and search ALL the threads "Scholar" (spends 10 minutes rolling on the floor) has posted on. Every time somebody asks for a back up to his counterpoint, there is never a reply. There's a whole lot of misdirection and non-response, but never a reply including any resources to his claims.

This must make you the first...ehehhehehehehahhahaha..."Scholar" who doesn't use any written/typed/pen'd/finger painted/crayola crayon RESOURCES! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

And please, inform me of what Univeristy that offers degrees of Master of the Arts and Bachelor of the Arts in "Stidies" of Religion? This must be a "WTS only" program...right? RIGHT??!

Oh man, I haven't laughed this hard for a long, long time.

I now officially go away....again.

• link
    link

hooberus you are right of course.

The original teaching about "new light" was not that it replaced old light but it added to it.

However "new light" apparently recieved the benefit of "new light" although exactly when and where I have never found out.

link

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

It is much easier that all this.

For one thing 607 and 1914 mean nothing. Why? Because Christ has not yet returned or come. How do we know? Because the scriptures clearly teach that when He does come back here to rule it will be as a human being, in the flesh, fully visible to all and not invisible as the Watchtower teaches. Did not the men in white robes teach this to the apostles and disciples present? Yes for they said.

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

There is no such thing as a 2520 year prophecy dependent on 607 that will somehow tell us when our Lord will inspect the flock. It is simply a lie, a mis-application of a prophecy already fulfilled in Daniels day, a prophecy that established him as a true prophet, a prophecy that does not have another fulfillment. Our Lord made it very plain that:

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
    Matthew 24:50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
    Matthew 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

So our Lord does not know, we do not know, the Watchtower does not know. Anyone that says they do know is lying. And if they also say that they alone were appointed to guide the faith. Well that is just another lie. Can they raise the dead, cure the sick, display any miraculouse gifts? No! Is their material full of error? Yes and always changing. Can they hold up any book printed and say, this is the truth, there are not mistakes in it? No! So how can they claim to be appointed by our Lord? By lying about it. It is that simple.

Joseph

Edited by - JosephMalik on 26 December 2002 0:14:35

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit