Indisputable/physical facts

by Norm 19 Replies latest jw friends

• patio34
    patio34

Good points Norm. I'm afraid to read a WT yet for fear I'll fall down the rabbit hole again for another 28 years!
    And how about the phrase 'thinking people have observed (or reasoned)' when they agree with the WT point?

TTFN,
    Patio

• Norm
    Norm

Hey guys,

I see you all have noticed much of the same cliches as I have. It is quite funny how many of those that whizz around in the WT world. Many other Churches also has such a loaded cliche language, always a sign of little or no thinking activity. One of Freddies absolute gems from the first half of the seventies was the word "fitting". It would be so incredibly "fitting" if Jehovah would time Armageddon in 1975.

As we all know "Jehovah" didn't jump when Fred told him to, and Fred didn't bother to "adjust" anything this time. He let us silently forget about how "fitting" it was that it was 6000 years since Adam was created in 1975. What a dork.

Norm.

• Tina
    Tina

Greetings Norm and all,
    Boy,does the word 'fitting' strike a chord-another 'loaded' overused word in their writing. ANother great post!thanks,hugs T

• LDH
    LDH

Of course, you've all forgotten the MOTHER of WBTS phrases:

"Theocratic Arrangement!" This gives them license to be in charge of peoples lives--Jehovah has arranged this wonderful organzation!

Everything that takes place is according to 'Thecratic Arrangement.' Jehovah 'wants' us to do this or that, or Jehovah 'has allowed' this or that to happen!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I'm tired of being a NEWBIE, I want to be a Junior Member, how many times do I need to post to become a "Junior member"?

• willy_think
    willy_think

the WTB&TS inc. uses "slogans" instead of information.
    this is all a part of the "mind control" thay love so much.

a question i kept asking myself whan i was in the hall "are we worshipping god or am i being taught how to argue the bible and sell WTB&TS inc. products?"

the ideas and opinions expressed in this post do not necessiarly represent those of the WTB&TS inc. or any of it's subsidiary corporations.
  • jst2laws
    jst2laws

Norm,
    I liked your research. The compared quotes and reasoning were excellent. I am in awe of the depth of some of the posters here.
    A side discovery, I often do WT library searches on words or phrases looking for usable quotes. The result is often several identical quotes, even identical paragraphs, separated sometimes by decades. I wonder what would be found if the CD library went back to 1879? Thanks for the research.
    Btw, you went through the trouble of preparing lengthy responses to a post of mine in the recent past. I did not respond in turn. It was my first topic and you and a few others simply overwhelmed me. I’m sorry, and hope I'm getting better at this.
    Jst2laws

• BugEye
    BugEye

Hello Fred

Are you out there fred? We are really looking forward to your input
    on this one fred.

Waiting in keen anticipation

Dave

• patio34
    patio34

Jst2laws,

I hope you keep posting--even tho you say you're new at this--I really enjoy reading your point of view.

Patio

• Norm
    Norm

Hi jst2laws,

You said:

A side discovery, I often do WT library searches on words or phrases looking for usable quotes. The result is often several identical quotes, even identical paragraphs, separated sometimes by decades. I wonder what would be found if the CD library went back to 1879? Thanks for the research.

Thank you, your welcome, you can find more research on: http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/index2.htm
    We are many who have discovered that Brooklyn is using the cut and paste technique extensively. They recycle old articles with a little touch up to make the seem "current". Some "food", eh?

Norm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit