Hospice Care...

by Golden Girl 19 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

(((((((Golden Girl)))))))

I'm sorry you have to go through this with your husband. But I know in the end you will feel good about providing him with your best of care.

Please, please take time for yourself during this trial. If you are not "healthy" how can you tend to the needs of our loved one.

Please let us know how things progress, even if it is to let off stress, we are here to listen.

((((Shakita)))) (((Xandria)))

Sorry for the loss of your loved ones this time of year. May you remember the joyful thoughts.

Hugs to all,

j2bf

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Thank you ALL so much. I have copied this page so I can refer back to it. It is so hard to imagine what someone goes through..until it happens to you. It is complicated for me because hubby is a JW. He wants to be cremated and his ashes spread at the KH. I will have no grave to visit! He doesn't want a service! No chapel or church. I imagine his Mom may have a memorial at her KH but it is about 2 hours away. He has been inactive but was starting back when all this happened.He couldn't wait until he retired (Last January) so he could start attending all the meetings. Now he is afraid he won't make it in the "new world" because he got sick and couldn't start back regular..

What a sick religion!

And I can't say a word because he thinks that's the only hope he has....

Thank you all again for all the information..I am going to need it!...And the support!

Snoozy.....

And my heart goes out to all that have been through this already. Both my parents died in a hospital. 9 months apart.They were both in there for 2 weeks before they died. I took care of my Dad at home for 3 months before he had to go in a hospital. That was a lot easier but I always worried how he was treated after I left!

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Well no one ever returned my calls re Hospice!..It seems they all got fired as they told me they would. All business has been transferred to a independent company. So I called them today..and they said..of course he is covered..just have your Dr. call with a OK!..I am so happy .... Help at last!...

Course it only took a month!...

Snoozy......

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

My heart goes out to you at this time. That's all I can say but it seems so inadequite.

• Solace
    Solace

Golden girl,

Im so glad you are finally going to recieve the help that you need.

Dont forget to check into respite care. This could allow you, as the primary caregiver, to have some free time to rest, shop, visit friends, etc.

Edited by - heaven on 11 January 2003 20:1:47

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

OK Heaven..is respite care the same as hospice?

Snoozy...aka..Golden Girl

• Solace
    Solace

Golden girl,

Respite or (relief) care through our non-profit agency is funded through government grants and free to the client.

You may be receiving hospice care through a nursing agency etc. and they usually charge the client or insurance company.

Some people are eligible for both, depending on income etc. Most social workers at the hospital should know if you are eligible to receive free respite care, in addition to what you have now.

I hope you have everything you need to help you during this time.

Take care.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Thank you heaven!..So peopl ever have both?..Insurance is picking up the tab for Hospice. We will have to meet our deductable first but that is usually a percentage of the fee ..not all at once.

Much relieved..Snoozy...aka...Golden Girl..

• Solace
    Solace

Golden girl,

Respite and Hospice are both used to relieve the primary caregiver, but the client doesnt have to be terminal to receive respite care through our agency.

We have a few clients who receive free respite care through our agency in addition to receiving hospice from another. I guess it all depends on your needs and if they are being met by only using one agency.

"Thank you" Aww, you are so welcome hun.

Im not exactly sure where you live and what is available to you. I sure hope you are taken care of and getting all the relief that you need.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I called them to check up on the progress today..the nurse will be here to interview us tomorrow! They want to see if he needs it yet!...I need it!!!!

The only bad thing is...we are expecting 4 to 7 inches of snow tonight!..Bummer......

We are in Missouri...BRRRRRR!

Snoozy....aka...Golden girl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit