Ex Elders Aren't The Only Jerks With Attitudes

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Mum
    Mum

Wow, orangefatcat! Your story hit home with me. I remember when I started asking myself questions that I dared not express out loud. I did notice the lack of support for people in times of sorrow. But if there were a court case involving a congregation or something else to do with the image or "unity" of the borg, everybody had d*** well better show up!

Regards,

SandraC, who has straightened out her priorities

• COMF
    COMF
    Yes tell a man he will be a princess and don't you think all of a sudden he feels oh boy I am going to be a somebody.

Actually, I think "prince" would be more appealing. At least, to most...

• heathen
    heathen

I agree with the philosopy that people don't become jerks but were an ass kissing jerk to begin with .

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

COMF. Thank you for drawing the word prince to my attention. I sometimes get riled I forget what I am typing and my fingers print faster then my thought process. If that makes any sense....

Orangefatcat.

Mum. Its good that we began to see for ourselves the truth that really was and was not . Because no God above could possibibly tolerate the cruelty and injustice that has been brought to light about the JWs. I know that I have been taught before being a JW that God and Christ were loving and caring and guess what JWs don't cut it. They make a good display for the world to see, but who are they kidding. They are no better that any other religious order that they have condemned for nearly a century. I do not believe that men and women of other religous orders would treat another in the way JWs do. They do not disfellowship or berate you and if you need help if you are poor they assist no questions asked. Recently I myself needed assistance and the Salvation Army who know me from a whole in the wall glad gave me money no questions asked, no judgement, no harrasement like why aren't you working. These people are so genuine. I am thrilled that other church aid and assist, When was the last time the congregation help you or someone else with out the third degree and copies in triplecate and even then the answer most ot the time was no no. You need to pray more , go to more meetings more service, all the Bull S**** You know what I mean Mum.

Orangefatcat..

• minimus
    minimus

When my wife's mother died some years ago, NOT ONE Witness went to the funeral. After all, her father was Catholic.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

minimus where are you getting at with this post? There are some ex-elders here that I happen to like. Your pointless posts are starting to annoy me.

• minimus
    minimus

see you're not an ex-elder either.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

blah blah blah - You attacked EX-JW elders and lumped them as all being the same, and this post was started with the goal of being inflammatory. What are you trying to do here minimus?

"Ex Elders Aren't The Only Jerks With Attitudes"

Jerks... ex-elders... attitudes? What a rude statement. As I said, some of my pals here are ex-elders, so that comment immediately puts me on protector mode my dear.

• minimus
    minimus

I'm an ex-elder,too. Some people try to negate a point of view that differs from their own by suggesting that a person is uncaring or overbearing simply because at one time they were an elder. Obviously, I disagree with this type of thought. Some think that if you were at one time in an appointed position, that you must still be trying to lord it over others now. All I'm trying to say is that you don't have to have been an elder to show that you're uncaring,overbearing, or harsh. Plenty of people fit that bill, whether male or female, ex-elder or not.

• blondie
    blondie

Sorry, minimus. Elders and ex-elders can take a beating on this forum. Elders are given quite a bit of authority in the WTS within their own congregation. A few use it well, but unfortunately, the bullies tend to prevail while the other elders wait on Jehovah or step aside.

When elders choose to step aside even for good reasons, they suddently fall into a vacuum. Many find out that the reason they felt at the center is that people were coming to them with administrative problems in the congregation, other elders and the R&F. Now that they are no longer elders, these ones seek out other people. One brother used to complain about all the phone calls he received at home, then he stepped aside, and he found no one called. Another says he feels invisible at the KH.

Brothers don't become bullies because they are made an elder. What happen is the elder body appoints brothers who are already bullies to their ranks. They reap what they sow. I have seen some elder bodies balanced in a political way, the liberal elders promote the appointment of a brother who shares their views and the conservative brothers promote one who shares their views.

And there are always the elderette bullies and the gossip sisters.

Blondie(who has always fought the bullies in a passive-aggressive way like all good sisters do)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit