Do you really need liquor at a wedding reception?

by ronin1 38 Replies latest jw friends

• ugg
    ugg

it is the bride and grooms day!!!!!!!!! each to their own and what ever makes them the happiest..

• ballistic
    ballistic

Jourles, is that your real picture?

• dins
    dins

All I know is that if I ever get married for the second time I'd better be bloody bladdered this time around Diana

• bluemoon
    bluemoon

I think everyone should have alcohol at their wedding reception. Then again I may be biased because I just got a job bartending at a place that holds receptions.

So please tip generously.

btw, I pour them how I like them, strong.

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

LOL @

Dont you have to be drunk to get married?? lol

I remember when I was 15, i went to a wedding where I had a major crush on the groom, and because I was under my JW aunt's supervision I couldn't have a drink, so I went around unobtrusively finishing off drinks abandoned in plastic cups by others. I had vodka, gin, Jack, tequila, wine, Manhattans, whatever I could find. Needless to say the only recollection of that night is the bride asking me under the stall "Is that you, V?" and me, in my hurling misery, said, "NO!!!!" Therefore, I denied myself, and not one cock having crowed at all. Then I vaguely remember my aunt taking me home. My mother was NOT pleased LOL. In my own defense, I was quite naive.

Hugs, V (Of the Why Did I Bring Up That Nauseating Memory Class)

Whatever is forbidden, is desired most.
  • Skeptic
    Skeptic

At my wedding, there were concerns that our worldly relatives would get wasted. So this is what my ex's relatives did.

We charged for liquor and charged high prices. This had the dual benefit of financing the wedding and reducing drunkenness.

Since we were travelling quite a distance after the wedding, when people asked what we wanted for gifts, we told them to contribute to the wedding by bringing food or helping out at the reception.

Richard

• Jourles
    Jourles

Ballistic -

Jourles, is that your real picture?

That would be kickass if I was Herbert Kornfeld of the Accountz Reeceevable Department of Midstate Office Supply.

Go here to see who my pic is - http://www.theonion.com/archive/archive_kornfeld.html

• Oldhippie
    Oldhippie

The only one who really needs liquor at a wedding is the father of the bride.

• Adam
    Adam

...And the husband every day after.

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

No booze- no problem. I agree the size of the function makes a dif. Smaller group of people you know well and the booze flows better- larger function with a lot of people that you don't know that well and things can take unexpected turns. I like to drink but I dont like obnoxious drunks-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit