Evolution is not even a theory! So says the WTBTS writing dept!!

by DATA-DOG 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Ummm, Simonsays, you do know how to read, right? How can you costrue any of what you said from the thread title?

What meds are you on? Do you need me to drive you to the Doctor for some?

What do you mean by "commoner", are you saying I'm a commoner or peasant? Do you imply that I have "commonage", the right to pasture livestock??

DD

• sir82
    sir82

That was such a bizarre sidebar in that article.

"It's not even a theory", and then 3 or 4 ridiculous assertions that are laughably false and can be refuted by any nincompoop with the most rudimentary of Google skills in less than 30 seconds.

Is that really how far the writing department has fallen?

• cantleave
    cantleave
    It's articles like this that make me feel so stupid for ever believing the theology of this ridiculous cult.
  • TheStumbler
    TheStumbler

This was my letter.

I thought about posting it here but never got around to it. I'm not so active on here anymore.

If Anyone is interested my letter made zero impression on my Dad. After reading it he still thinks there is no evidence for evolution and he doesn't understand how anyone could believe on it (he referred to Corinthians 4:4).

He qlso said after reading my email there are no creationist arguments against evolution he would no longer use. He still thinks there are no transitional fossils! Even after I described Tiktaalik and Archaeopteryx

• TheStumbler
    TheStumbler

One point he did concede is that he would no longer call evolution a theory. Not because of anything I wrote but because of the August 2015 Awake article

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g201508/dna-in-your-cells/

Apparantly evolution isn't even atgeory...I've asked several times to explain how evolution is not a theory and all he does is refer mW to the Awake article.

I think he still doesn't understand what a theory is

• TheStumbler
    TheStumbler

I put together this response to the August Awake article

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p9lz10y10s5a30l/Not%20a%20theory.docx?dl=0

• cleanideas
    cleanideas
    Thanks TheStumbler for all your excellent research, it was a great read and I look forward to sharing it with others!
  • TheStumbler
    TheStumbler
    I forgot to mention. I got the scan images fromanother user on Reddit.
  • TheStumbler
    TheStumbler

Thanks, Cleanliness.

I've another in the works about a current video on JW.Org. 'can you trust the Bible'. It goes into the flood and ancient cosmology

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Frankly, I'm amazed sometimes that they acknowledge that the Earth orbits the Sun.
    They do say that where the bible says the earth is 'a circle hanging on nothing' (ie: flat and maybe supported from underneath), it means the same as 'a sphere held by gravity'.

Which is kind of perverse really.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit