LOCAL NEEDS

by hamptonite21 13 Replies latest jw friends

• NewSense
    NewSense

Then again, this wall "painting" may well be yet another attack by the Mad Crapper. The old farts of this forum (those people who are now in their late thirties and forties) will no doubt remember the infamous edition of the National Lampoon's high school yearbook. Does anybody remember that? Is anybody still keeping a copy of the "yearbook." Ah, yes, it was a veritable mile-stone in satirical writing. Hell, it made Swift's "A Modest Proposal" seem lame.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

If they use a local needs talk to go after one person it's because that particular body of elders consists of cowards. They don't have the back-bone to deal with the situation one-on-one. Have heard COs say they same thing, if you've got a problem with an individual, deal with it directly, don't do it from the platform.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I remember the elders going after a couple of attractive young sisters because they were using "Mini Slims" to loose weight. It was just some over the counter pills that could be purchased anywhere.

The elders made it look like the "ones" using it were raving mad drug users hopped up on smak.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Here's how we handle it in my church. A young lady in the class I teach wore a rather short skirt. the desks are high. I kept getting flashes of white panties and repositioning myself so I could look directly at the kids (teens) without getting an eyeful. I went to my co-teacher, a female, and asked her to QUIETLY mention to the young lady that for church she might want to wear something a bit less revealing and sit in a bit more lady like manner. If someone in my church committed adultery (which I'm SURE they do) I wouldn't know about it unless the individual told me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit