Jeopardy! 587/586 B.C. Answer

by Jourles 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles

Is anyone watching Jeopardy right now? Under the topic, Nebuchadnezzar, the answer was something like, "In 586 or 587 B.C., this city was captured by Nebuchadnezzar....blah blah blah." I wonder how many jdubs flipped out about that one!

Look out Jeopardy, you might be getting a wave of emails saying that you've got it all wrong.

• Mary
    Mary

Yep, I've got the telly on while I'm on the computer and I heard it............wonder how many Dubs will be watching it thinking "oh, they're sooooooooo wrong! Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BCE!!"

By the way, where the hell DID they ever get the 607 BCE date in the first place? All secular, biblical and archeological finds, support 586 BCE, not 607BCE.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Hee hee Jourles! I was watching it too and as soon as I heard the name Nebuchadnezzar my head whipped around.LOL! Too funny!

~Aztec

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Unfortunately, the average JW is not intelligent enough to have caught that.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

I thought that the way they came up with the number was by counting back 70 years from when they think the temple was restored in Jerusalem, they don't actually go off of any archaeological or historical facts.

• freeman
    freeman

I saw that and yelled out the answer nice and loud since my jdub wife had it on in the next room. J However, I think it went over her head as you might expect, but I did complement her for getting the next Babylon related question correct. Got to go, I have an on-line class in 10 min that I did not study for, but it should be interesting to question her later about the date.

Freeman

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It would be funny if the contestant was a JW and contested the dates in the question.

• Jourles
    Jourles

It would have been a hoot to have a witness get that answer on a daily double, but the answer being phrased looking for the date +/- a year. The witness thinking he knows everything there is to know on Nebuchadnezzar, goes for broke and wagers it all. He sees the answer and instantly spurts out "What is 607 B.C.E.!!!!" Alex: "Ohhh, I'm sorry. The correct answer is 587BC." Dub: WHAT? Wait a minute! I KNOW IT IS 607 B.C.E.!! Alex: "You're wrong. Moving on to the next category..."

• Faraon
    Faraon

By the way, where the hell DID they ever get the 607 BCE date in the first place? All secular, biblical and archeological finds, support 586 BCE, not 607BCE.

Easy,

Count backwards the years until the prophecy matches 1914.

Declare it was in 607

Declare it was Big J's word.

Disfellowship anyone who disagrees.

If the churches don't kill each other and the end does not come in 1914, declare Jesus actually came INVISIBLY in the same year.

Declare it was to be the generation that saw 1914 that would signal the end of the world.

Put in print to make it more believable.

Disfellowship anyone who disagrees.

Declare a New Light.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Actually, they started with 606, cause that whole "no zero year" had them stumped. Then Freddie waved his hands and it jumped to 607. But how they came up with it originally is a mystery to me too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit