Apostates on the loose? Glasgow Convention 2015

by 88JM 14 Replies latest jw friends

• 88JM
    88JM

So each of the attendants at the Glasgow convention this weekend have all been handed a photo of some guy that has been disrupting conventions in the UK. (The same one as in London I read about a couple of weeks ago?)

Apparently he was sighted at the Glasgow convention today, though there was no disruption as far as I know.

Has anyone else ever heard of photo I.D.'s being handed out like that at conventions?

I'm all for exJW activism, but you must be a pretty terrible protester if they have a photo of you.

I prefer not to name and shame, but if you're reading this dude, maybe re-think your strategy. Oh and growing a beard totally didn't work - they still recognized you.

Also for those who don't know already, Mark "overlapper" Sanderson is putting in a suprise appearance here this weekend. Will be interesting if he makes any mention of child abuse.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

"Oh and growing a beard totally didn't work - they still recognized you."

That was dumb. Growing a beard will make you stand out even more.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Sanderson will be there? I'm sure he can't wait to get group photos with all of the local young Glasgow hotties like Jimmy Swaggert in a Memphis brothel.

So the attendants have nothing better to do than look out for this guy? What a bunch of paranoid losers. They are becoming more and more like Scientology every day. Crazy, paranoid, dangerous, cult loons.

• GodZoo
  • cantleave
    cantleave
    I take it the convention is at the SECC, I can't think of anywhere really suitable to protest there, he would just come across as a nut-job.
  • username
    username
    Hydro.
  • notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Interesting, I'm here for the three days and my friend works on security (which is at insane levels with the GB guy here) but heard nowt about an apostate...saying that there is a weird guy going around with a very long beard and he looks well dodgy...
  • cantleave
    cantleave

Ahh.... never been to the Hydro. Haven't been to the SECC since 2008 for that matter. Anyway, for those that have to attend, you have my sympathy.

• 88JM
    88JM

Yeah Sanderson gave the Friday afternoon talk about inactive JWs - I was having a snooze. His talks are being relayed to other UK conventions happening this weekend.

That's interesting notsurewheretogo - I haven't heard anyone openly discussing the protester, but it was mentioned to attendants early in the morning.

Is your friend with the G4S Hydro staff or just the regular JW bouncers? I can imagine the G4S folks would probably be less concerned about a crazy protester as they probably consider all the JWs a bit crazy.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Notsurewheretogo. saying that there is a weird guy going around with a very long beard and he looks well dodgy...

It's obviously Santa putting in a personal appearance to prove to all the JW kids he really does exsist...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit