Jehovah or God is blood thirsty

by MrMoe 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Second Kings, we learn that Menahem, leader of the Israelites, smote all the people who refused to follow him and all the women therein that were with child he ripped up (2 Kings 15:16).

Later, in Hosea, we learn that because the land of Samaria rejected God, Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up (Hosea 13:16).

Hosea decided to carry out Gods vengeance on the people by killing the unborn babies carried by the heathen women. He promised to slay even the beloved fruit of their womb (Hosea 9:16).

It was God who killed all the unborn children on the planet (other than those of Noahs immediate family) when He drowned everyone with the Great Flood (Genesis 7:23).

And it was God who inflicted abortion on all the pregnant women when he rained fire and brimstone on Sodom and Gomorrah, killing everyone who lived therein (Genesis 19:24-25).

According to Deuteronomy, if a child is unruly and disobedient, we not only have the option of killing him, but it is mandatory that he be stoned to death (Deuteronomy 21:18-21). The same is true for a child who speaks to us with foul language (Exodus 21:17). Or a child who hits us (Exodus 21:15).

God will use fire, plagues and beasts to kill sinners (FYI WE ALL FREAKING SIN,) and what did he say "good" Christians will do? "Shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts to one another" (Revelation 11:10).

Please feel free to add.

• avishai
    avishai

Yeah, Moe, I agree, If all thats true about god, then he's kind of a di_k. Also, if that's true, I want to die giving him the finger, or at least be propped in my coffin w/ the "digitus impudicus" flying heaven ward.

• Navigator
    Navigator

Don't be ridiculous! God had nothing to do with any of that. Those stories are just another version of "the devil made me do it". Those slaughtered by the Hebrews were every bit as much God's children as the Hebrews.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

When we invade Iraq - a preganant woman will die. I guarantee it. that's war. Not right, just war. Don't overthink it. We are animals, too, and we fight for dominance. You know how Iraq only respects Superior Force? Well, so do we. So God puts the smack down on some little babies, and guess what, not a damn thing to do but be on His Side so our babies don't get ripped up.

C'est la vie, c'est le guerre

CZAR

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

God had nothing to do with the Flood? Genesis 7:23 He did that himself.

God had nothing to do with Sodom and Gomorrah? Genesis 19:24-25 He did that himself

And if the other accounts were not directed by God, then that means the writers are liars, would it not? Which maked the entire bible junk.

And the below comment is SO disturbing... so it is OK to rip unborn babies right out of the woman's womb? Hello? How, what a warm and loving creator we have, take a pregnant woman and rip out her insides.

So God puts the smack down on some little babies, and guess what, not a damn thing to do but be on His Side so our babies don't get ripped up.

• Navigator
    Navigator

Mr. Moe

The flood and Sodom and Gomorrah were natural disasters. In the Hebrew mind, God was the author of all natural disasters and they wrote it that way. That doesn't make it so. Their view of God was very warped. It doesn't mean that ours has to be.

• gumby
    gumby

Which maked the entire bible junk.

Now your on the right track moe. It's as evil as the GB ......only more so. This is the book the GB got their warped ideas from.

BTW....you have been a bit concerned about this subject lately.....what's up?

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Navigator - I agree they were natual disasters, I think the Bible is just some book. That is all. It is so a book written by a few men thousands of years ago would control so many people's lives. Just so sad.

Gumby - Dunno, thought perhaps it was time to contribute more to the borad than sexual fluff.

Oh, and you all can thank JanH for the next one I am about to add. It is a direct quote.

--------------

JanH said:

Numbers 31 is a favourite.

The Israelites are ordered by God to commit genocide on the Midianites. They are ordered to kill every male, from men to boys, and then all females who were not virgins (one can speculate how they checked!).

The virgins were taken as war booty, obviously to be raped by the men who just slaughtered their fathers and husbands.

It is specified that 32 virgins are set aside for the Lord, which sounds like human sacrifice (fundies will deny that).

• gumby
    gumby

It is specified that 32 virgins are set aside for the Lord, which sounds like human sacrifice (fundies will deny that).

I would be interested in knowing just WHAT....the virgins were used for. Where's pomegranite when we need him?

It really doesn't matter. The god of the jews STILL killed people who probably had little knowledge of him. He's a damn Charles Bronsen.......he takes out the bad guys.

Nice to see your hormones have settled a little Moe! LOL

• Navigator
    Navigator

Mr. Moe

I don't disagree with your view of the bible. I find it chilling that "fundies" would view the actions cited as ordained by God. I very much suspect that the Hebrews practiced human sacrifice at some point in their history. The story of Abraham preparing to sacrifice Issac is included for a reason, and that reason is to announce that it is no longer acceptable to sacrifice the first born. BTW, the arabs believe that it wasn't Issac, but Ismael, that was to be the sacrifice. Since Ismael was first born, they are probably correct. The authors, however, wouldn't want to give the honor to one of their enemies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit