Does this happen often here?

by Lin 54 Replies latest jw friends

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

As with anything, caveat emptor

"Let the buyer beware."

due diligence, and can you afford to lose the money...

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

There is nothing wrong with "judging" a situation and deciding which action, or inaction, is appropriate.

The use of ones judgement is highly useful and good.

Andee

Who uses judgement before condemning or criticizing. Well, most of the time.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Hey, Lin-Girl... peace to you... and I know you didn't mean to judge... but in fact, you did. Unfortunately, dear one, you responded in the same way as Cain... and the WTBTS: "Am I my brother's keeper?"

The truth is... you are. I am. We are. For as my Lord is recorded to have stated: "If your brother asks for your outer garment, give him your inner garment as well." And as James said that is a certain one is lacking the necessities for body and you send them away but give them nothing, "of what benefit is it?" Does that mean we have to help EVERYONE who asks us? No, for we simply can't do so (unless, of course, your initials are BG or OW and you reside somewhere in the Seattle or Telluride, CO, areas... just kidding...).

We must, however, do what we CAN, and that starts with "wanting to"... and that starts with at least giving the one in need the benefit of the doubt... which you failed to do. Rather, you actually judged the person as NOT being in need, simply because he/she is unknown to you personally... and then you invited us to agree with you in that judgment. And then... you told us that even if he or she was... it was not your (and therefore, our)... problem... because there are "social services", etc., whose problem it is. Unfortunately, that was "typical" WTBTS, wasn't it? Girl, let THAT particular piece of "baggage" go, for as I said, you never know when it may you, and I don't think you want people thinking "ill" of you, simply because they don't know you personally.

Otherwise, unless you had some SUBSTANTIATION that this person was not sincere, your attempt to disuade the rest of us from helping, if we wanted to do so... was unloving. Unless you knew the person to be insincere, what you decided for yourself, as to their motive, intent and true need, should have been for yourself... only... and therefore, kept to yourself.

I bid you peace, truly, and hope you understand my intention was not to offend you... any more than it was your intention to offend the person requesting help.

YOUR servant... and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am with Lin. Who in their right mind approaches a bunch of strangers on first meeting with their hand out? Panhandlers, that's who.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Who in their right mind approaches a bunch of strangers on first meeting with their hand out?

A person who is TRULY desperate and can't see any other "way out"? Perhaps?

Nahhhh... all "needy" people are con artists...

Sigh! ("Please, Father, do not let me become so rich... that think I no longer need you... nor so poor... that I would have to ask any one of those folks who responded to that thread... save two or three... for one dime. Please.")

SJ, a slave of Christ

Edited by - AGuest on 7 December 2002 19:25:33

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

well, you're judging 2...not that that's a bad thing when you have to deal cautiously with a healthy dose of skepticism...

judge lest ye not be judged was only a censure to HYPOcrites who applied standards they weren't willing to lift a finger themselves for...

i think that lin and jgnat object on the basis of the posting tenure by the subject...yet if they read sKally's link he's been in difficulties for quite a while...does it make a difference if one posts 20 or 6000 times to be accorded respect and treated with credibility...i'd reread everything carefully first before rejudging the situation....

remember you can make a judgement and then change your judgement if you discover other pertinent information...that's having an open mind and being cautious at the same time...

• Valis
    Valis
    Otherwise, unless you had some SUBSTANTIATION that this person was not sincere, your attempt to disuade the rest of us from helping, if we wanted to do so... was unloving

AGuest...and did you not read the things Simon documented and posted in the other thread? It would seem to me that the person in question would have some humility, especially when they go asking for cash from members of this forum. There is a lot to be said for humility being a gauge of sincerity indeed. Of which Yizuman has displayed little and then too late of all things. BTW I'm not giving my inner or outer garment to someone who complains of being poor over the Internet...really...I am more inclined to suggest joining the great crowd...of poor folks that is..*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Im almost $20k in debt do to school loans (still increasing) and a repo'd 94 Ford Crown Vic. If anyone would like to send me $20K or talk to WFS Financial for me that would be great! LOL

Well, I hope Jiz or whatever works thing out. If he's fake then it will come around in the end and bite him in the ass.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    AGuest...and did you not read the things Simon documented and posted in the other thread?

Yes, in fact I did. What, rude people don't get needy?

It would seem to me that the person in question would have some humility, especially when they go asking for cash from members of this forum.

If I recall, the rude comments were BEFORE the request... and made to/about Simon... who has every right to refrain from helping. But I think I also recall an apology.

There is a lot to be said for humility being a gauge of sincerity indeed.

Okay, so we only need to help "nice" needy people... okay...

Of which Yizuman has displayed little and then too late of all things.

That's your opinion... and, of course, you're quite entitled to it. Personally, I don't think it's ever "too late" to help someone in need. And the fact that the someone is a "stranger" makes no difference at all, really. At least, it shouldn't.

BTW I'm not giving my inner or outer garment to someone who complains of being poor over the Internet...really...

Your choice... entirely.

I am more inclined to suggest joining the great crowd...of poor folks that is..*LOL*

And I will pray that when your times comes... to be shown a bit of mercy and understanding... you will not be dealt with as harshly as you have dealt.

QUITE sincerely... and, of course, peace to you...

SJ, your servant and a slave of Christ

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

well, he did apologize to Simon...a late apology is different than no...have another beer there in the fridge

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit