READ ASAP---IMPORTANT!

by RubyTuesday 28 Replies latest jw friends

• mustang
    mustang

These things go in waves. They die down, then spring up again. This makes the 3rd time I have seen this exact one since last October. If it was going to wipe us out, we would already be history.

Mustang

• rem
    rem

People who think the government is hiding such things and keeping the media from reporting them really haven't thought the situation through clearly. Obviously the American government has no jurisdiction over media in other countries. If something so fantastic were happening, there is no question it would be reported somewhere. Even then, though, some newspapers have unwittingly reported Urban Legends.

Where did the person who leaked this information get it? Where were the poisoned samples found? What exact brand of product was poisoned? Never any details. That's the classic sign of an Urban Legend. Probably almost all of us have been duped by at least one these in the past. Heck, almost all of us were duped by the Watchtwer too. But that's no excuse for us to continue on being credulous.

The Snopes site is a great resource for checking out possible Urban Legends.

rem

Edited by - rem on 5 December 2002 20:51:17

• IronGland
    IronGland

Sounds like a plan Ruby. I'll always be here for you. Irongland will always bring comfort.

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ
    JC ...perhaps you are the gullible one if you believe everything the media says.

Right, yet believing any paranoid rambling that contains absolutely no verifiable information that happened to someone's aunt's brother's friend's hairstylist's nurse's distant cousin's neighbor's mailman's bank teller, now that's reliable and I'm never going to smell any perfume again so I don't die from these mean old terrorists!!!

Wow, where can I possibly sign up to receive such reliable information?!?!?!

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

These hoax e-mails remind me of this LSD story a friend told me, he swore he had a friend that took so much LSD, that he thought he was an orange, and was afraid someone would peal him. I'm thinking whatever at that point, then years later, I made some guy, that told the same story, I laughed, realizing I was right, and said, oh you know my friend so and so then. I'm like that's a hoax man.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I R E P E N T F O R G I V E M E!!!!

o R a N g E f A t C a T

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

I forgive you :)

However, I did see the other night on T.V. somebody named the Joker who was putting chemicals into toothpaste, perfume, and lipstick. If you used a certain combination of the three, it would put a wierd smile on you face, and before you died you couldnt stop laughing. Creepy I know, but I saw it on tv. Be carefull.

Edited by - crazy151drinker on 6 December 2002 17:6:34

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Crazy I think I saw that too, only it was fish they were injecting...and if you ate the fish it changed your face into a clownface and you died...man i love cartoon network!

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

JD,

It was a secret warning from the Govt. not to eat Joker fish. The wanted to tell everyone but didnt want to cause panic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit