For Sale - What the hell should I do with my books

by hippikon 32 Replies latest jw friends

• hippikon
    hippikon

What should I do with my books

We are in the process of buying another house and are on the move again. Packing stuff up, chucking it out, selling the surplus you know the story. Well I have 5 heavy cartons of toilet paper Watchtower literature. What the hell do I do with it? If I send it to the tip it may poison the water table. No-one wants to buy it. They are too heavy to ship to another house. Suggestions please

I actually think it is quite valuable the Watchtower have hung them selves by the crap they have written and I would like the evidence preserved.

I wonder if one day there will be a holocaust museum for watchtower survivors

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Hi, Hippikon.

Well how often have you read the WBTS spouting all that crap about everything belongs to Jehovah, so JWs should leave all their

possessions to Jehovah (via the WBTS) in their will? So, I would send all that bullshit back to where it came from!

A nice covering letter wouldn't go amiss, explaining that you are just following their recommendations.

And just to be extra-demonic, DON'T PUT ANY POSTAGE STAMPS ON THE (hopefully extremely heavy) PARCELS! That way

they will have to pay for the postage!

HaHaHaHaHAhAHaHAHaHAHa!!!

In fact, why don't we ALL do that?? HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!

TODAY!!! HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!

Probably the surest way of getting them bankrupt! It'll at least cause them a few problems, and make them re-think their annual

"leave everything to the WBTS" CRAP!! HaHaHAHAHaHAHaHAHAHa!!!

Spanner

Edited by - SpannerintheWorks on 3 December 2002 5:54:45

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Send it to your local Branch office with a not attached saying, "Damage Goods!" Or, "Thanks, but no thanks".

Guest 77

• hippikon
    hippikon

Ahh Give it back No Way they may re sell recycle them. If I'm going to mail them anything it will be rocks!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

My active JW stepson living on his own in MO uses his books and stacks of mags as props for the bed that's missing legs, the couch missing a leg, etc. Personally, I recommend a BONFIRE then mail those MUCH LIGHTER ashes to your branch office with an explanation that you didn't want someone coming across them in an attic somewhere, being suckered in and their story ending up in the WT in 10 years time.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

What have you got Hippi'?

I'm always in the market for pre-Watchtower CD publications, and don't worry, I'm definately of the 'hang 'em with the rope they sold me' class!

Nic'
    ;)

• freddi
    freddi

i gave my entire collection to my brother's girlfriend. what a catastrophy. now she is one of them. oh well, whatever rocks your boat. i would say like everyone else to give them back to the kingdom hall that you were attending.

peace

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Say Hippy,

Why not go and set up a stall at Town Hall Station? We could even get Steph to come and take pics.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I gave mine to the University Library.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

How many books do you have? I'm sure there's alot of valuable evidence that is there that counter cult ministries could use since they're original copies. Randy Watters at Freeminds could use them. Duane at www.witnessinc.com also could use them as well. Since Duane has a great printing machines that he can duplicate reproductions and sell them to countercult ministries that could use copies of them.

Send them some emails and ask them if they want them, I'm sure they'll be glad to pay for the postage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit