".They also learned to quit fixing ...

by MacHislopp 14 Replies latest jw friends

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello,
    Do you believe that someone learns from past…experience?

«There was a measure of disappointment on the part of Jehovah's faithful ones on earth concerning the years 1914, 1918, & 1925, which disappointment lasted for a time.... and they also learned to quit fixing dates.» (Vindication I, 1938, p 338)

but two years later:
    “What, then, does it mean that thetheocratic governmentis now suppressed in many nations? It means that the hour is rapidly approaching when the "sign" of Armageddon will be clearly revealed and all who are on the side of Jehovah will see and appreciate it.» (w40 9/1 p 265)

and 4 years later:

«Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon.» (w41 9/15 p 288)

Agape, J.C.MacHislopp

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

Well, I don't know whether they ever will or not. There has been a steady habit of fixing dates ever since the organization started clear back in the 1800's.

It seems to me that should be foolish, even on the face of it. Take the business about 1975 for instance. When the Society or anyone else says that Armageddon will come on a certain date, I relax, for I know darn well that it won't.

I know that sounds like a slam against the organization, but I don't mean it that way. Revelation 16:15 states quite clearly that he is "coming like a thief." Pray tell, how can that happen if there are a few million people worldwide screaming to high heaven when that is? Think about it.

LoneWolf
    Alias: Tom Howell

• Tina
    Tina

Hi LW,
    Nothing wrong with slammin the org...it's responsible for hurting so many people,,even killing w/ the goofy blood policy,let alone its myriad lies.......regards,tina

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

I agree with all your statements!
    What we all want is the "truth"
    that coes to the world through
    Jesus Christ!

Agape to you all, J.C.MacHislopp

• Tina
    Tina

Hi Mac,
    Uh not all of us want 'that ' particular' trooth..lol. Keep in mind some of us walk down different paths-that aren't judeao-christian....regards,Tina

• Gozz
    Gozz

'Twas also predicted that the preaching work will end within the last century., That was another end-of-the-world prediction that didn't see the light of day; and it was only over a year ago.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Tina,
    thanks for your reply, but could you add, explain a bit more??

"Uh not all of us want 'that ' particular' trooth..lol. Keep in mind some of us walk down different paths-that aren't judeao-christian....regards,Tina"

Agape, J.C.MacHislopp

• Tina
    Tina

Hi mac, You said what 'we' all want is the truth that comes to the world thru jesus"...and I said,not everybody follws the judeo-christian road...what didnt you understand about that?-there are millions and millions of people in this world that do not subscribe to belief in jesus,,,I just took exception to the word 'we' as implying everyone on this board is a christian,,,if I misunderstood what you meant,you can clarify it for me,Im all ears :> thanks,Tina

• Englishman
    Englishman

Tina,

Me too, I'm certainly marching to the beat of a different drum.

Englishman.

• Tina
    Tina

Hey Eguy!!
    I like different drummin,it works for me :> And hey! You scared me to death w/ that post up there about "goin back' LOL....Have a fun and safe trip!! Bon Voyage!! hugs,Tina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit