Royal Commission Live Hearing Now

by LostinJapan 239 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed
    These guys, Stewart and McClellan, are good.
  • Mephis
    Mephis
    Stewart wants the latest version of the directions for Branch offices. WT counsel suggests he'll ask. McClellan informs him that he'll do better than that and provide an answer. WT counsel asks that the book setting it out not be made public. McClellan will not give a 'yes' or 'no' and comments Royal Commissions work in public so will need to be convinced why it should be kept secret.
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    oh dear confidential branch procedures will be public LOL
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney
    I used to have a copy pdf of the branch manual. Does anyone have a link to it now? I think it is important to get it in as many hands as possible just in case the Borg lawyer manages to convince Justice McClellan to keep it secret.
  • LostinJapan
    LostinJapan

Toole denied knowing this document

Branch Organization Manual

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Toole used to be a very good looking, charismatic man. His wife was the most fun Circuit Overseers wife that I know. I cannot believe how he has aged and how worn out he is looking since we last met 10 years ago.

• Mephis
    Mephis
    lol thanks LostInJapan.
  • oppostate
    oppostate
    three or four calls to the Legal Dept from elders reporting on a cases of child abuse PER MONTH for two years now according to Toole!
  • ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Angus Stewart Paraphrase: "Individual congregations take their direction from the Australia branch which in turns takes its direction from the Governing Body"

Toole: That's right

This shows that yesterday Spinks lied when he said the Australian branch could act independently from the Governing Body. By saying that he was simply towing the party line and protecting the G.B. from responsibility. I feel Spinks did that in an effort to keep a G.B. member from having to appear at this proceeding.

The Commission is now dismantling Spinks testimony, perhaps. I hope their aim is to get a G.B. member there.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    The other day there was a figure of about 285 cases in 10 years, or 2 a month. Vin now says they receive 3 or 4 a month. The numbers they have on file far down play the number of child abuse cases that are verbally reported and do not go through the Judicial process, not to mention those that don't get reported.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit