Did I die?

by benext 28 Replies latest jw friends

• benext
    benext

Last week at the Kingdom Hall, my mother was met by an elder who said: "I'm sorry to hear about benext, she found that puzzling then another mournful face who told her they'd help her in any way they could. The gossip had gotten around that I no longer "went to my meetings like I should." I've been inactive for a year and haven't been to a meeting for several months. AT&T should be getting lots of income as the gossip crew struggle mightily to inform those far and wide. As for me, I've never felt more alive.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

If your not an active Jehovah's Witness, or worse yet if you once were and then stop going, their doctrine teaches that you are going to be destroyed at Armaggedon and you are as good as dead.

*** You Can live Forever (1982, 1990) p.255 ***

Do not conclude that there are different roads, or ways, that you can follow to gain life in God's new system. There is only one. There was just one ark that survived the Flood, not a number of boats. And there will be only one organization--God's visible organization -- that will survive the fast-approaching "great tribulation. " It is simply not true that all religions lead to the same goal . . . . You must be part of Jehovah's organization , doing God's will, in order to receive his blessing of everlasting life...

How does it feel to be carrion for the birds to eat? Never thought you would be a meal as the vultures pick the meat off your flesh? Or at least that is the way JW's would LIKE to have it.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I know what you're saying. Same thing happened to my mum when I was DF'd. Well, I suppose that to them we are dead, dead to them as can be... *Sorry, had an overdose of Eminem *

• Scully
    Scully

Actually nothing seems to make a JW happier than the knowledge that one of their own has fallen away. It's as though they become stronger, more pious, more spiritual in the itty bitty universe that they've created in their own minds if they know someone else that they won't have to share the Paradise with. That frame of mind is called Schadenfreude and it runs rampant among dubs.

Love, Scully

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Another tidbit to educate the masses.

http://dictionary.reference.com/wordoftheday/archive/2000/05/10.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

schadenfreude \SHAHD-n-froy-duh\, noun:
    A malicious satisfaction in the misfortunes of others.

The historian Peter Gay -- who felt Schadenfreude as a Jewish child in Nazi-era Berlin, watching the Germans lose coveted gold medals in the 1936 Olympics -- has said that it "can be one of the great joys of life."
    --Edward Rothstein, "Missing the Fun of a Minor Sin." New York Times , February 5, 2000

Often the people Pi met in Mendocino wanted to hear these terrible stories, the personal disasters, or they quoted them back to her from what they'd read, with a certain glitter in their eyes -- giving Pi the chance to wonder again as she once had in a Wittgenstein seminar why there wasn't a word in English for Schadenfreude, that very human pleasure taken in other people's misery.
    --Sylvia Brownrigg, The Metaphysical Touch

If self-replicating e-commerce baby tycoons get on your nerves, it's schadenfreude time. It's true that the Nasdaq rebounded after its staggering loss Tuesday. Nonetheless, what AP described as "the most volatile day ever for U.S. stocks" left a distinctly bearish aftertaste.
    --"Market Motion Sickness." The Industry Standard's Media Grok , April 5, 2000

Schadenfreude comes from the German, from Schaden, damage + Freude, joy. It is often capitalized, as it is in German.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scully said:

That frame of mind is called Schadenfreude and it runs rampant among dubs.

So true. So very true.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 29 November 2002 14:22:9

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Reborn:

you are as good as dead.

Hey, I think there's a way to make money out of all of this. Someone should market some sympathy cards just for JWs who's friends and family are "dead" via DFing and DAing. Kind of a 'Hallmark' moment:

CARD: "Sorry to hear about your loss" (open the card) "Oh well, more paradise for us."

• Francois
    Francois

One Ark my aching ass. What a VIVID imagination. That's humility for you, isn't it? These guys can't decide whether or not the men of Sodom will receive a ressurection or not, but they can speak with complete authority that THEY represent the ONLY way of salvation. Stand back, I think I'm gonna hurl...again.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

LMAO @ Double Edge!

While I agree it would be funny as hell, somehow I do not believe JW's would like it very much.

After all, they hate it when someone exposes their true beliefs and desires, and for someone to show that they rather enjoy labeling people as dead.. well, let's just say... they wouldn't like it.

Besides, do you really think they'd buy material made by professional apostates?

edited: LOL @ Francois! Yes, they have changed their mind time and again regarding the people of Sodom, just as they have with a thousand other things (i.e. organ transplants, blood doctrine, generation, etc) but they are confident ONLY those in Jehovah's organization will be spared. Don't you love WT doctrine?

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 29 November 2002 14:51:38

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

ROFL @ Double Edge's Hallmark moment. LOL

• Mackin
    Mackin

Now the elders will start using you as a "warning example" of what can happen to a person who "neglects their spirituality". They'll even embellish the story to make is sound more dramatic.

I've heard that I've been used as a "warning example" in shepherding calls and talks and such. And the story they tell is maybe 10% fact and 90% fabrication.

Welcome to the living dead Benext.

Mackin (who'd rather be "dead" than living by WT rules any day)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit