Poetic Justice.

by Monster 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Crystal
    Crystal
    I'm sorry but I hate when people take their griveances out on individuals who have little or no control over what the people have grievances about.

Excuse me but....these people have control over what they are doing.I stopped going out in service when I got sick of intruding on people!! They had nerve calling the cops when they were the trespassers.I think they were taught a good lesson! No harm done, better to look down a camera lens then a shotgun barrel.

Edited by - Crystal on 27 November 2002 9:54:37

• Brummie
    Brummie

I dont think its too funny either...I did see a jokes list posted on here a while ago that suggested taking photo's of JWs, this assures that they wont call again.

Brummie

• Scully
    Scully

Joanna:

I think the "sisters" would have felt a LOT more violated if they had been invited into this home and had been secretly videotaped, and then found out that the homeowners put the tape up on a website. Think about how many places have security cameras - banks, stores, ATMs, malls, drive thrus, etc etc - and we don't give a second thought to it.

I agree with James - the homeowners had likely been called on many times and had asked repeatedly to be left alone, without any results. JWs in general are very complacent about people being "Not Interested" and will call over and over, and the only way a householder will stand out in their minds is when they do something really drastic, like the old fellow I called on when I was 10 years old who threatened to shoot me with a rifle if I ever showed up at his house again. Everyone else kind of just blended together as "Not Interesteds". Don't forget that some JWs - pioneers especially - have personal territory that gets covered so frequently because it is convenient for the pioneers - it's usually close to home (within walking distance, but not their own street!) and it never gets turned into the territory servant because the pioneer doesn't want to lose their stomping grounds to someone else. Those territories are worked, and worked, and worked, while others seldom get signed out because they are rural or inconvenient (no donut shops close by ).

The homeowners in this instance are going to be black-listed, without a doubt. The story is going to be spread all over the KH and the circuit, and probably embellished. Watch for a future JW-UL!! Dubs will all know exactly which house it happened in, and will avoid it like the plague for a long, long time. Mission accomplished for the householders.

Love, Scully

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    They had nerve calling the cops when they were the trespassers.

Sorry dearie, but it's not tresspassing when you invite them in.

And you honestly think JW's have control over going to the doors? Bull! I hated service with every fiber of my being but I went because I didn't want to get harrassed by my parents, elders, and others in the congregation. I did the bare minimum to get by. It's a MANDATE THAT YOU MUST GO OUT IN SERVICE.

Plus you really think this will stop them from knocking? Not likely. They will give it a few years and call back again, in case they "moved".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit