Discussion With My Dad...Ended Badly.

by Valis 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

All of you are more than upstanding individuals...you actually have at least some common decency. Thanks to all. I understand that while down in South Texas someone who calls themselves one of my parents decided to go to a large gathering for the town my kids live in. The gathering was set up by the big five churches in town...the Baptists, Mormons, Unitarians, Catholics, & Methodists...however, since my exchange w/my dad she doesn't think they should come to my house to at least have dinner. Am I totally delusional or is that a slap in the face?

Edited to drool over the fact that a beautiful beautiful beautiful one came back to post...and I got first dibs......yumm...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Edited by - Valis on 26 November 2002 23:54:28

Edited by - Valis on 27 November 2002 0:30:8

• SYN
    SYN

Hi Valis, that's a pretty bad one, and not a comfortable situation for anyone to be in. My best wishes for the future, I hope things will improve soon.

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

Valis --- Been there, done that. It's no fun, is it?

You asked back at the first for a little help with the blood issue. While I don't claim to be a scholar yet I do have a short explanation that I wrote out a year or so ago. I posted one version of it on the old H2O, but that was quite a while back.

I'll post it here on this board so that you can look it over. Perhaps others can use it too. Look for "The Blood Issue"

Hope it helps.

LoneWolf

• Valis
    Valis

Wow, I don't think I've ever gotten so many responses to a thread. Thanks wednesday, Pris, cruzan, else, Brother Gary, Heaven, myself, kelps, lauralisa, lutece, SYN, lonewolf. It means a lot to me and I really do appreciate your thoughts.

Lonewolf, thanks for putting the blood issue in succint terms. I've never been much of a biblical scholar so every angle helps when and if I engage that discussion again.

Lutece..I wish you were here for Spanksgiving...

Happy Thanksgiving to all..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Edited by - Valis on 28 November 2002 12:5:58

• JT
    JT
    As I matured and became educated way beyond my parent's level, they were threatened and they acted like they were losing a piece of themselves every time I gained understanding of a new word or a new concept. I felt like they resented my education and my successes.

They needed to maintain the status quo

your post was "Deeeeeeeeeep"

points well made and it's good to see that you are moving on my mom is much the same

• Lutece
    Lutece

SPANKSGIVING!

wow, you sure know how to make the holidays exciting Valis. Whatcha got planned for New Years Eve?

• Valis
    Valis

Well, we had a great Thanksgiving...lots of yummy food and good company. Elsewhere..thanks for coming over yesterday, and I hope you had a good time. BTW your phone is still here. On a more hateful note my kids will be here till Sunday and I will probably only get to see them one more time. My parents have obviously planned enough stuff to keep them busy and have guilted their mother into, as she put it, "not upset them". I even offered to take them back home myself if it came right down to it and it meant I would get more time with them. Instead they are going to my sister's house to see her crack baby children and have a big lunch. To which I was not invited. I'm getting to the point where the animosity for my parents is rising and I'm losing patience with the mother of my kids. I really have just about had it. Tjanks for listening to me bitch...again...

Lutece...I don't have any New Years plans yet ...whatcha got in mind? New Leers Eve perhaps?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Solace
    Solace

God Val,

Im so sorry. Thats wrong....

My father disappeared before I was born. I actually finally met him when I turned 18 when I, on a whim, sent a wedding announcement to his mother, who I also didnt know. He wants to be in my life now, but hes a complete stranger to me. I have seen him twice and get cards and letters now and then. He signs them, "Love Dad" and it seems so strange. I have never uttered the word "DAD" to anyone in my life. Anyway, I dont hate him but hes really no more than an acquaintance to me.

I think it is good that you want to be involved with your daughters and you shouldnt be denied this. Especially when they are so young and need to form a relationship with you. They are fortionate that you want to be in their lives. You are their father and have every right to be.

Lutece,

aka (Pierced Angel)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit