Make me GAG: WTS website article

by Scully 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

The history of State totalitarianisms is that they would seek to cull them out, initially, from those deserving of existance. Seperate them. I imagine the Wt would say they will be given their own place of residence, a seperate land. Of course, once the Dubbies state utopia failed to materialize these ones would make excellent scapegoats and could be accused of "wrecking" and "sabotaging" Gods plan.

Glad to amuse.

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Give me a break..hope for reinstatement? Not interested in this (or any other) lifetime. Their arrogance just amazes me.

Trot

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

This is simply disgusting! This is simply unbelievable that they can treat people this way! Ive got no other comment than this! I think Im going to have to find a place and vomit!

• onacruse
    onacruse

Adding my "contribution" to the puke pile

Craig

• Moxy
    Moxy

the statement on the faq that "Those who simply leave the faith are not shunned" is still there, and you will note that the article very carefully does NOT contradict this, talking about DFing only and mentioning the case of the DAd women as 'a related matter' on which individuals chose for themselves not to associate with her. since their personal decisions are supported by the article however, and since the decisions sounds unanimous, the statement "Those who simply leave the faith are not shunned" is grossly misleading. It should read "Those who simply leave the faith are generally shunned, though the church does not explicitly direct this action be taken."

mox

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Another way of making a non-misleading statement would be "those who simply leave the faith are not shunned. However, there is no way to simply leave the faith."

Expatbrit

• rocky220
    rocky220

You see, the Courts are absolutely correct....in the USA, religion, no matter how contradictory, falsely-profectic, materialistically greedy, downright self-righteously coldhearted and destructive to it's members, has the right to exist under the Freedom of Religion Act, but on the other, one also have a choice, free-will, to make the decision not to participate in such an organization, that's where the Judge was coming from...........rocky220

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

Good point, rocky. I also think they were subliminally saying, "Don't bother to sue us for anything because you won't win." Of course, when I sent them a typed 4-page letter stating the results of my legal research, I got back a two paragraph letter saying my opinion was unreasonable without disproving ONE POINT! hehe Well, since it was from Brooklyn, it HAD to be right! What was I thinking? sheesh.............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit