Attention Anyone Interested In Buddhism

by Cicatrix 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

He like OTHERS, had some good concepts. As far as following it as a way of life....I think I know what to do till I die. Love God and your fellowman. This works regardless of who's idea's you follow.

I think if some find comfort or answers they feel help them with buddism......go for it. People don't worship him as far as I know....only follow his idea's. Too bad a search is required to find truth....then when you think you might have found it....you still don't know for sure.

• blondie
    blondie

Cicatrix, nope not Buddhist. There are several versions of Buddhism so it seems quite flexible. Just like many religions with some good points, if the people actually apply those good points and ignore the bad ones, they are pretty nice people to be around. I live near a Buddhist retreat and the Dalai Lama visits relatively frequently. But Tibetan Buddhism is only one version.

Blondie

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Thanks for your observation, guys. I'm going to go just because I can:)--my first exposure to another religion outside of JWism. I'm not currently searching for any faith, truth, etc. I've had enough of that for awhile I think. But I vowed when I left the WTS, I would always learn about a faith from the practioners of that faith. My aunt used to be Buddhist (she's from Thailand) but she converted to Christianity. She showed me pictures of her mother's funeral this summer, complete with saffron-robed monks, and I wanted to learn more about Buddhism in general. I plan to write to her and talk to her about it, too, as I was already aware that there are many different sects, however, I just can't resist the chance to see something so out of the ordinary for my rural area:)

• Queenie45
    Queenie45

Here is another interesting Religion to check out sometime.

Sikh Mediawatch & Resource Task Force Website

www.sikhmediawatch.org

We had a whole bunch of the Sikhs marching, dancing, and singing up and down our street celebrating their religions' 533rd year and they handed out fruit and cans of soda to everyone standing on the sides of the street. It was the best thing to ever happen in this neighborhood! :) They also handed out small pamphlets with the above website addy on it.

After reading your post, thought you might want to learn more about these folks too, as we did.

Happy Learning!

hugs, queenie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit