A Midlife Crisis?

by Tinkerbell4125 34 Replies latest jw friends

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

Tink,

What you did yesterday was wonderful. How rewarding to be able to give of your special talents to help someone in that situation. Perhaps this will be the beginning of a very fulfilling chapter in your life.

You're an inspiration!

CC

• scootergirl
    scootergirl
    My sister on the other hand is a stay at home mom, but she is also a lazy one. Her house is still a mess and half the time her husband does the cooking. If I had it as good as she does, my house would be spotless and my husband wouldn't have to do anything when he came home from work. IMHO her husband is to good for her LOL

Lilacs, I know women like that and it drives me nuts. I am very fortunate and very thankful that I have the circumstance to be a SAHM.....and I will tell you what, my house is usually clean (sometimes I let it get a little messy) and my family is WELL fed. When my hubby comes home on the weekends,his laundry is always done, the house cleaned and I feed him like a king. It is the least I can do since I am at home. I take pride in my work at home.....and he always let me know that he appreciates it.

Tink.......I am so happy for you. What a sweet thing for you to do!

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Thanks Chakk and Scooter, it really made me feel good to do that! I spoke with my sister-in-law this morning and she said that her mother really liked it too! Her father is doing better and that's good news!!! He's off the ventalator and they may be moving him out of intensive care.

• LB
    LB

Tink you are a special person. I seriously doubt Jehovah is going to destroy you, regardless of what those losers in Brooklyn think

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Tink, since you spoke of volunteer work , I saw something on tv the other day that you might be interested in. A lady had a special trained dog, that she went to the hospitals with to encourage the sick. There was a young woman in the intensive care and they thought she would be a vegtable , nothing would wake her from her coma. The doctor got special permission for this lady to bring her therapy dog to visit the lady in the coma. Everyday she would run the lady's hand over the dogs fur and let the dog lick her hand. After a few days the woman was pettting the dog back, but still in the coma. A few days later she woke up and remembered the soft dog and the dog licking her.Wow!!

They also use these dogs to visit the elder in the nursing homes. I am pretty sure you would have to have a liesensed trained dog for this and get permission from hospitals. But the doctors are seeing how much animal therapy is bringing folks around and making them get better sooner. If I lived in a big city I would do it. I think it would be great for the St. Judes Childrens hospitals , for those kids who have cancer. Most any age would benefit from it. I don't know if you could make any money for it , but you might can,,,,,,, or accept donations for the dog food and supplies. I am sure the hospitals would contriubute to cost. Just a thought. I am always thinking of somethings I would like to do if I had the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit