Forever Bashing JW's??

by ScoobySnax 32 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

OK.....Here's one for you.....maybe this follows on from previous posts about not forever being "EX-JWs" as after all, you say you have to move on, and many here claim that they have.....however reading most posts here it becomes obvious that that doesn't seem to be the case. many seem to be trapped in a "go get 'em" crusade against the JWs that seems to go round and round ...... and others just go round.. why? how long before resolution occurs? I understand that as humans we all feel/heal differently, but from someone who was a Witness as you mostly all were, this environment at times becomes more "closed" than the JWs ever were, Don't you think? Any dissenters in the ranks here are trashed or at best called Trolls and are ridiculed if the hook and line isn't followed. D/F or shunning.......what is worse? It seems evident more so here than what I remember at the K.H...... "FORUM FOR JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES------EVERYONE IS WELCOME......" Hmmmm.... I wonder. Its just doesn't ring true. Any Thoughts??

• JT
    JT

what you are exp is something that never happens at the Hall,

you are seeing for the first time in your life persons who are able to express themselves as themselves

here on this site as others you have persons that go from one side of the table to the other and yes there are folks in the middle

unlike in the hall everyone must pretend that they all agree,

the speaker puts everyone to sleep on sunday , yet no one can say publicly

That bro was not prepared and his talk was a diasater, instead everyone must pretend like the KING HAS ON CLOTHES

everyone hated when it was announced WE ARE GOING OVER THE REVELATION BOOK OR UNITED IN WORSHIP book again for the 12th time

no one could say THEY THOUGHT IT was stupid , yet that is how many fleet

so here you are seeing folk at all levels and views

some of us come here due to anger by being shafted by wt, some come here to help others see the OTHER SIDE OF WT , some come here just to see what is going on

eveyones reasons are different, yet you have been trained to see only black and white, some hate wt , some feel sorry for them since in the end they are the ones wasting their lives sellling useless books for the most part

so WELCOME to tthe real world where folks can say what is on their mind

besides look you are here

smile

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

J.T......Like I said............so this is freedom?....still you "welcome me to this world, where folks can speak there mind" Thats fantastic, I applaud you, despite "seeing in black and white" as I seem to do though as you say, please read the post again.

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

JT said it right!

JWD provides a nexus of divergent views. Somthing the org can NEVER allow, less they loose their grip on jw's perception of reality.

CornerStone

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Maybe Cornerstone you've just taken one small leap from one world into another.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

I'm sure alot have moved on Scooby - and come back & left again.

Most stay here for the interesting discussions & friendships that are made online. There is nothing wrong with feeling a part of a community - albeit cyberspace. This isn't the same indoctrination as the JW's - there's no penalty for walking away from here, and coming back if and when you want to.

Some have met spouses here, others good friends. All usually walk away with something, if they walk away. And if they don't - so what - its kinda like the local coffee shop you frequent -

Call us Cheers!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Scooby, I do not mind the so called Trolls.

• musky
    musky

Scooby, great post! I have read a few of your posts now, and it seems that you have a unique perspective on things. I can understand your attitude about the atmosphere of this board. If I feel that there there are posters here that i don't appreciate , they will get the "ignore" button. And there will always be some morons posting here. I try to pick out the ones that are not afraid of different viewpoints. Regarding moving on. In my case, I have other family that continues to be active witnesses. I am not currently. I continue to read and post here because The watchtower will always be a part of my life in one way or another. So I cannot just wash my hands of it and walk away , not remembering it again.

• JT
    JT

J.T......Like I said............so this is freedom?.

#######

yes freedom means you can express your views without expecting others TO HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU and most importantly without worrying that somehow you are now Questioning God himself

in the Hall you have to agree YOU HAVE NO CHOICE as the wt has instructed you

YOU CAN'T EVEN HARBOR views different from the wt, it used to be that you could at least keep your views to yourself now the wt states you better not even think different

I have never come here to this site and felt that everyone had to agree with me, and yet i don't agree with eveyone here, but i then don't turn around and make a Judgement of them just because we have different views

try this simply test AND THINK ABOUT THIS

Raise your hand the next time you are at the Hall and the CO is there and say : "I don't think that we need to turn in time at the end of the month, it is a conscience matter to do "

NOW you know as well as i do what you said amounts to BLASPHEMY

it is as if you said Jesus was not ressurected FOR YOU KNOW like the rest of us that if you are an Elder or MS or Pioneer you will be losing your STRIPS

now that is your freedom0

point being i have long stated since i came on the net going on 7yrs now --that in my view the wt would

have been just fine if they stuck with Bible commentary where they expressed their veiws on bible text and offered commentary, BUT THEY DIDN'T

instead they went from merely students of the word to HEAD SPOKESMAN FOR GOD YES HEY SIT IN THE SEAT OF MOSES

and when they took that stand then then set themselves up to be questioned for assuming such a position, esp as they continue to get life and death instructions from god wrong

YOU CANNOT demostrate one example in the bible where those who were claiming to be lead by jah gave out instructions that resulted in the death of others

and why not cause god don't give out instructions that end up costing folks thier lives but imperfect man does and for that reason wt has no business trying to claim that they get thier directions from the angels on LIFE AND DEATH ISSUES

i suggest that you do a little more research in how wt comes up with Dogmas and you will start to see that they so many times are no more than mere guess, hunches, and opinions

WHICH IN AND OF ITSELF there is nothing wrong with opinion, hunches and guesses the problem is when you don't teach them as such, instead you teach and DF folks like they are DIVINE INSTRUCTIONS FROM GOD HIMSELF and we have seen the documentation over and over to show that is never was

Just think about this -- The very first day that the dogma on Transplants rolled off the presses at 117 Adams Street in Brookyln THAT DOGMA WAS WRONG DAY ONE

YET FOLKS DIED how sad and yet till this day we have seen no Published apology to the families who followed what turned out to be Poison food instead of Food at the proper time from god

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

I'm happy that most who come here PG can come and go as they like, back and forth, otherwise if that wasn't the case, I wouldn't be here....my post though wasn't about that.....like I said there only seems to be freedom and acceptance of speech here if you follow the "line". Of course you are free to say what you like, but the conformity here mirrors that what you criticise the JWs for albeit in reverse, there seems no room for anything but anti-JW views. Jehovahs Witnesses here are viewed as Apostates are at the Kingdom Hall, there is no difference as I see it. It just makes me wonder.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit