advice about con man

by jurs 13 Replies latest jw friends

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    Oh, and another thing, ALWAYS trust your gut.

I would wholeheartedly agree!!!

XW

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Jurs, the guy is working out of your toolbox even when you're not there. Lock that sucker up tight.

I'm a tech (mechanic), so that's why I'm saying toolbox. The other two techs I work with aren't like that fortunately. We all borrow tools from each other and as soon as a loaned tool comes into our hands we're responsible for it. I've spent $200 to replace a drill that I damaged even though it was still perfectly usable. We also don't keep borrowing the same tool over and over again. We borrow until we buy our own.

Anytime I've interviewed with a shop the first question has always been "do you have your own tools and what do you have?". Yes believe it or not there are mechanics out there who try to work out of another man's box. It's a rare thing that a guy gets any further in the interview by saying he doesn't have his own tools.

I'm real suprised your salon hired this bum when he obviously came in without his own tools. You need to be dragging your superiors into the office and raising hell about that. You also need to cut off the charitable operation you've inadvertently engaged in. Don't loan him one single thing anymore. Even if he has a customer in the chair right next to you, just say no and don't be afraid to elaborate as to why. When you're off either take your stuff home or lock it up. I lock my box every night. If I come in the next day and find the locks have been pried open, the Bibb County Sheriff will be there taking a report and there'll be hell to pay. You do the same. If you can't lock your supplies up then take them home. It's a lot of work but it's also YOUR money. Do you leave money laying on a shelf in your booth when you're not there? You may say no, but that's exactly what you're doing.

Get rid of this guy. Help people who really need it, not people who want a free ride.

Mike.

• jurs
    jurs

Here's the update. The owner of the salon told him he had to leave. He called him early today and told him. He came in to get his things ( the few things he brought) and it was a bit awkward but I'm glad he's gone.

jurs

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Woohoo!! *phew*

Glad to hear it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit