be it illegal to deny the holocaust?

by comforter 71 Replies latest jw friends

• comforter
    comforter

i hard something about this law about the holocaust? aint it illegal to deny the holocaust in the united states government?

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

German Neo-Nazi Sentenced to Two Years in Prison for Denying Holocaust

The Associated Press

GREVESMUEHLEN, Germany (AP) - A well-known German neo-Nazi was sentenced Thursday to two years in prison without parole for denying the Holocaust.

Manfred Roeder, 70, was given the sentence for referring to the Holocaust as "humbug" during an August 1998 election rally in the eastern German city of Stralsund.

In Germany, it is illegal to deny the Holocaust. The rally was part of his unsuccessful parliamentary campaign as a candidate for the extreme-right National Party of Germany.

During the trial, Roeder said a tape of his speech had been "manipulated and falsified," claiming statements that would have cleared him were edited out. But the judge agreed with three witnesses who said the tape was genuine.

Roeder has spent time in prison before. In 1982, he was convicted in Stuttgart of incitement to murder and other charges related to arson attacks that killed two foreigners. He was released in 1990 after serving eight years of a 13-year sentence. Copyright 1999 Associated Press

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Jim, where are you!!

Spanner

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Only in Germany. Not the U.S. fool.

• Simon
    Simon

I think this is very wrong. People should be free to believe what they want, however crackpot it is.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Zyclon B was not used for Delousing.

After the prisoners from Treblinka were exicuted, their bodies where shipped away by train.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Jim,

I knew you would show up sooner or later!

Spanner

• Valis
    Valis

Something I thought might be good for this topic.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

Jim,

If I hear you it is the # of people that you question. Am I right? I.e. Revisionist

For me it is not the exact number of people that were murdered. It is how they were murdered. It is why they were murdered. I will not forget that. Have you ever seen the documentary "Genocide?" The 20th centurey was truly a bloody time in human history. I hope that the worst is behind us but I fear that we still have not learned from history. We will not even accept it's lessons. So then we will most likely repeat the exercises.

Jay

• cellomould
    cellomould

I thought the purpose of neo-Nazis was to take credit for the Holocaust?!

cellmould

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit