another abuse that most JW children go through is severe "spankings" at the hall..is that still going on?

by wwjdnwt 12 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• wwjdnwt
    wwjdnwt

I was born into the JW's religion. Was an active JW for over 30 years. I remember when I was a child my mom would take me in the bathroom and switch me so hard with the nice little switch she got from the tree outside. Sometime I was taken outside because of my screams. I was little, I was switched because I couldn't sit still for 2 hours. I wasn't "bad" I was just a little one. This took place every single meeting!

As I grew up and married a JW, I would cringe when I would go into the bathroom and hear and see the horrific beatings that many of the little ones were getting. It broke my heart. But is was expected. When I had a child, I was expected to take her outside and whip her little legs! She was a baby, a few months old. I couldn't do it. I just couldn't. I stopped slowly going to meetings because of that.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I recall that happening at a KHall we attended.

My wife went directly to the PO (back then it was PO) and said if she ever witnessed that (spanking) again, there would be a newspaper article the next day with photos of the police being called to the KHall. Next thing we saw was a couple Eldubs dragging that bro into the back room. I think they learned that Ms. Doc ain't one to mess with. She'd make that call in a flash.

Doc

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Still happens yes but not with the same ferocity that used to take place back in the 70's and 80's when I was growing up. I see more taking into the back room and staying there then the "spank and return to the seat".

My mother in particular would lash out with wooden cooking spoons that she'd hide in her meeting bag. Ahhhh those fun memories

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Abandoned decades ago in Scandinavia.

We have laws that prevent it...

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Still happens here, but like others have said it's not quite as bad as it was in the 80s.
  • sir82
    sir82

Happened constantly in the 70's, even into the 80's. Not very much now.

JW parents seem slightly more enlightened these days. I'd say in spite of, not due to, JW policy.

• notoneoftheboys
    notoneoftheboys
    It happened too often, how many kids remember the harsh spankings? Was it really necessary? Was their sin so bad that they deserved physical punishment. At times past I have seen parents struggle with noisy children, but when I see their parents behaviour its them I wanna slap!!!
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I remember one 'experience(tm)' from an a$$embĀ£y where the parents of some poor zombified kids were boasting that they used a wooden spoon. F34qkqing idiot cult weirdos.
  • Marvin Shilmer
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

I remember as a kid the beatings with the full consent of the elders I took the brunt of it for my siblings. What a good little boy I was, sitting at meetings almost at attention not speaking unless you were first spoken to.

I find myself sometimes wishing there was a god and heaven and the figurative Dante's hell for real, I would send some of those people to their own isolated corner of hell and force them to smoke all the turds they can.

I am so glad that I didn't bring my children up in this cult

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit