Have you joined another religion?

by freedom96 48 Replies latest jw friends

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

I consider my self a catholic, Its easy to be one

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I went back to my original church: Catholic.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Became Christian then disassociated from WT. Not a member of any church but a believer. In my understanding Christianity is a person and not a movement, it means a relationship with Christ.

Brummie

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

Hi,

Nice to meet you. I understand what you are feeling. I was lost for 16 years. I wanted a relationship with God, but thought I needed a religion to do so. I was so conditioned to think that I had to "Belong"!!

I spent over 3 years searching and like some others here I really discovered that salvation is all about believing and loving Jesus. I did become born again in October 1999. I have never known such peace and happiness as a witness. I attend a non-denominational chuch too. I go to a Calvery Chapel. They are all over the US.

Don't give up. As ex witnesses we are so conditioned to think that there is only one true religion. There is no religion that will save you. No works, deeds or anything else. Just the acceptance of Jesus and being his best friend. I can't tell you enough to just read the book of John. Read it like a real good book. Enjoy it. Get to know the main character. I was astounded when I did that.

much agape love gold morning

• shera
    shera

I feel our body is the temple to worship God with...we don't need a church or a KH to be Christ like.It would be nice to socialize with other believers,but I don't have any desire to be part of an organized religion.I really donot feel Jesus was sent to make religion,he was sent to die for us and spread God's Kingdom....

• LB
    LB

No I have not. I've been to a church since being a JW but only for community type of functions. I don't think I can ever trust any religion. In fact my faith in general is pretty much screwed up now.

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

I'm a nonpracticing Baptist. I left unofficially when I was called a "hardhead" for asking questions and the pastor said he was an alcoholic. Since then I've done a little studying on the Religious Society of Friends and more intensive study of Wicca.

Shera's right about no need for a formal structure to worship in. Otherwise God turned a deaf ear to everyone on the sinking Titanic or anyone else who wasn't in a church when the end came. Abraham didn't have a church building. Or Noah. Or probably not the Ethiopian eunuch. Didn't matter.

• Makena1
    Makena1

No offense to those who feel the need to associate with "fellow believers" but I sincerely cannot see myself ever JOINING another religion. The thought of handing control over to any person or group again literally sickens me.

Would I attend a wedding, funeral or baptism if it involved a close friend? Yes - I did that a few times as an active JW.

My closest association with religion is flipping channels and occasionally watching TBN for chuckles, guffaws, and giggles.

To each his own.

Mak

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

After leaving the JWs in 1984 I attended a number of churches, including the Unitarian Universal. However, in 1987 I began attending Episcopal services. In 1991 I was confirmed and received into the Church. The Episcopal Church has been very helpful to me. However, I can only speak for myself. Others who have left the Watch Tower have chosen different spiritual paths. You have to find what works for you.

Sincerely,

Athanasius

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I was fooled completely by the Witnesses. I believed it all completely. And when I found out they were not who or what they said they were, I was devastated. I don't want to ever give that amount of power over me to another group of people. It will only be used to hurt me.

Short of a burning bush, I'll never join another religon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit