"You insulted our Prophet" similarities with WTS / Paris attacks

by AFRIKANMAN 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

"This is from the Nov. 15th 1952 question from readers. This is directly from the CD btw:

Questions from Readers
    •In the case of where a father or mother or son or daughter is disfellowshipped ,how should such person be treated by members of the family in their family relationship?—P.C.,Ontario, Canada.
    We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."—Deut. 13:6-11,AS.
    Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God’s law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshipped from his congregation, and this despite the fact that the law of the land in which we live requires us under some natural obligation to live with and have dealings with such apostates under the same roof."

I don't see much of a difference in the reasons given for the attacks in Paris and the way the WTS  treats members who dare "insult our Prophet" !

Don't you just love the use of the word "exterminated" - like the way one deals with cockroaches !

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

Are you sane?

the article clearly states that christians cannot kill anyone.. because of the law of god and christ and the law of the country

You are sick by trying to connect these horrific and evil acts of terror in Paris to Jehovah's witnesses.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Kind of a weak comparion.. it says there that God's law through Christ forbids us from killing them.

It is kind of disgusting  the contempt with which they describe how disfellowshipped people deserve to die, though.  The connection to radical Islam is not there however.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I dont excuse or justify the language, in fact it's contemptible to speak of a brother like that, but its not the same. And it was 62 years ago.  Dubbies cant even find that on the cdrom to be shocked by it. 

Just my humble opinion, that quote is damning enough on its own. Trying to sensationalize it by tying it the attack in france dosent make it more damning or noteworthy.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

No - JWs are sick for "killing of their own " for voicing dissent - I think you need the sanity check

Are you actually reading what I am implying THE MIND SET focus on the MindSet  - the mentality The overriding power of "the WT Prophet" today

And stop trying to hide behind your Avatar and attack me - dialogue - discuss - don't attack ! had enough of you and your types when I was in !

This info appears on the CD ROM  

• Simon
    Simon

The quote effectively says that both the legal laws and the religious laws should prevent anyone from killing. It's a world away from Islam and I think if we tried to promote this notion to independent onlookers they would laugh and think we were overreacting and clutching at straws.

C'mon ... 1952 and a tenuous "threat" at the very best. It's hardly a smoking gun of "hate speech" that comes anywhere close to what Islam promotes - actual killing by followers of any non-believers.

You could walk round a KH or an assembly hall with a T-Shirt saying "Jesus is gay" and the absolute worst thing that would happen is you'd be politely asked to leave. That's it.

I find trying to equate that to what has happened in Paris to be insulting to all those affected who have lost loved ones, colleagues and friends. Stop trying to use the senseless and tragic deaths of others to promote you own complaints.

• fiddler
    fiddler

JW's don't kill outright today but that comparrison to how apostates should be viewed was given just a few years ago again.  Maybe somebody here has the quote...

I do agree that the mindset is much the same.  The absoluteness of their cutting off family members viewed as apostate is because they already consider them as dead and slain by Jehovah. It's a mindset that leads to depression and mental imbalance and for some JW's that see no other way, they do kill.  

The Paris tragedy is at the far end of the spectrum but completely cutting off apostate family members is at the other end of the same spectrum IMO.

• fiddler
    fiddler

Ok, I think this is what I was thinking of as being more recent, a Study edition Watchtower from 2011.  Sorry for the cut and paste, I took the quote from another site.  I really hate clicking on the official site!

Nov 15, 2011 WT  - "The prophet Elisha sent one of the sons of the prophets to anoint Jehu as king and to intruct him to kill every male of the apostate house of Ahab.—2 Ki. 8:28; 9:1-10." "Though the thought of violence is unpleasant, we should realize that in those days, Jehovah used his servants to carry out his judgments.... Today, no servant of Jehovah uses physical force against opponents of pure worship. “Vengeance is mine,” God says. (Heb.10:30) But to rid the congregation of potentially corrupting influences, Christian elders may have to act with courage similar to that of Jehu. (1 Cor. 5:9-13) And all members of the congregation need to be determined to avoid the company of disfellowshipped individuals.— 2 John 9-11." "Jehu announced that he intended to hold “a great sacrifice” for Baal. (2 Ki. 10:18, 19) “This is a clever play on words on the part of Jehu,” says one scholar. While the term employed here “generally means ‘sacrifice,’ it is also used of the ‘slaughter’ of apostates.” "It is true that Jehu spilled much blood. Yet, the Scriptures present him as a courageous man.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    @afrikanman, im sorry if you felt attacked. I very carefully phrased my statments to be neutral and referance my opinion, not an incontrivertable fact.  I also laid out why i felt as i do in a conversational format.  I will refrain from comenting further if it upsets you but i stand by my view.
  • AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

I think some have got my point and apologies for not expressing myself more clearly !

You have to be pretty thick-skinned sometimes on this forum -

Its mental attitudes I was comparing -

The events in Paris were horrific and tragic !

[Nevertheless lets not "attack" each other with our expressions here on the Forum - many do come here to get away from things / find solice etc ]

FINIS 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit