In View of R.C.hearing of J.W.& child Sexual Abuse in Aust. and it`s Worldwide Coverage.can we expect ....?

by smiddy 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• GodZoo
    GodZoo
    Personally I don't really care if the org updates it's child abuse policy or not. I just want the entire lying, deceptive, stinking, manipulative organisation to implode in itself and collapse from the disgusting weight of it's own filthy hypocrisy and corruption.
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

The only objective reason why Elders discourage / don't encourage abuse victims to report to the authorities the crime they were victims of, is solely to protect the reputation of the Organization, to keep selling the fantasy that there's a 'spiritual paradise' that the Jehovah's Witnesses enjoy as God's chosen people, where everything is clean and pure, because God's holy spirit ensures that no wrongdoing is allowed to endure.

This fiction is more important to the leadership - the Governing Body and their worshippers - than the well-being and protection of the flock, especially the most vulnerable amongst them, the children. They may issue statements to the effect that they 'abhor sexual abuse of children', but their actions say that they love their idolized Organization's reputation above everything else. The increasingly embarassing display of incompetence, arrogance, disdain and utter ignorance from those appointed Elders before public scrutiny, is the biggest shot in the foot for the Jehovah's Witnesses. For an organization obcessed with 'not dragging Jehovah's name in the mud', there is no PR capable of erasing the stench these men, who call themselves "faithful and discreet slave", stirred in the public eye. By chosing to arrogantly call themselves after the (supposed) name of the Almighty God, they now parade that name in the mud pool of infamy and shame.

"They profess to know God, but they deny Him by their works. They are detestable, disobedient, and disqualified for any good work." - Titus 1:16 ; fits them well.

They will, sooner or later, make positive changes to their policies. They will call it spirit-directed 'refinements'. They will say they are keeping pace with the celestial charriot. When, in fact, they have challenged the so-called 'Satan's World', got caught up, and lost the armwrestle.

Witnessing will become more and more difficult; the regular rank-and-file publishers, pioneers will face increased hostillity in the territory as public awareness grows about this bronze-age-minded cult. Numbers in new converts will drop. Contributions will drop. The radical Witnesses will become more radicalized, fueled by the complex of persecution, and the doubters and 'spirtually weak' will leave in droves.

The epilogue of this, might well be a sad one: A "new light" that the Armageddon is nigh, and some sort of dramatic climax worldwide, break it or make it, by which the blind, radicalized faithful will rather die than admit they were wrong.

Eden

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Surely any thinking person with half a brain would back away from any involvement with this religion .

Sadly, many (including me) are brain-dead while under the influence of the Cult Koolaid.

Doc

• SimonSays
    SimonSays

That’s why I stipulated, children, parents. If a child is not conscience to understand what is happening, then an adult steps in to assist if seen. The severity of offensive is defined by secular law. Unless a church member is willing to accept the offense, clergy cannot force that member into admission. Especially under suppressed memory. That ignorance is saturated here.

Restitution to God is Repentance. That would mean, that persons proof of self worth to be forgiven by the people that persons harmed through Gods Grace in forgiveness. Secular punishment through mans law is NOT part of that. As I stated before, don’t confuse the two.

You statement that mans laws as written cannot comply a clergy to validate the persons claim is not correct. Where there is mandated reporting many churches complies with this law, including the JWs. Many will actively encourage a victim to report to police even if this is not an obligation imposed by law. Listner

The Catholic Church is the foremost to defend the right of confession (confessional privilege). Since 2013 the clergy mandate to report child abuse let’s say in the United States has been enacted in 27 States. I referenced the severity of the crime. The point I was making is EXJWdubs here expect and elder to force a person to admit the crime to turn them in. That coercion under United States and International Law is illegal, yet this is the rhetoric that should be accepted, Wrong Sir. That would be up to the victims and secular law to decide.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Simonsays......."I'm a self-righteous d-bag!" As usual, you can't help but use passive agressive attacks.

DD

• SimonSays
    SimonSays

Simonsays......."I'm a self-righteous d-bag!" As usual, you can't help but use passive agressive attacks.DATA DOG

Well it takes one to know one right. But as always I don't expect anything less from a low life.

• smiddy
    smiddy

SimonSays

Jehovah`s Witnesses have always claimed they do not have a Clergy class .

So they cannot claim Clergy privilege in withholding information they have from the law ,which they have done on occasion . { The law not being familiar with J.W. theology is then hoodwinked }

The moral /ethical response of a person who becomes aware of a child sexual abuse victim should be to report it to an Appropiate Authuority whether it be the police or child welfare officers regardless of the religious Affiliation and not be governed by whether the letter of the law said it was a mandatory requirement or not..

A Christian response should be to report it , whether the victim wanted to or not and then the authourities could take it up with the victim as to what he/she wanted.to do.

smiddy

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Are we likely to see a definite drop in new Bible Studies , Interest in the religion ,a drop in meeting attendance ,especially in lands where this is widely reported ?

Not being funny but I didn't think that in reality, they had many 'Bible studies(tm)' anyway. It's all born-ins having 'Family Studies(tm)'. Judging by the Apathy Trollies, no one cares.

Or even an exodus from many in the congregations who may view this as the last straw ?

One or 2 might leave as a result....but probably one on the edge anyway.

The JWs in the filthy, mind controlling cult are cossetted away from the realities of the outside world. If their paedophile loving popes told them that orange is blue and 1+1=give us money, they'd believe it.

I expect nothing much to change.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit