after so long....

by 30years 37 Replies latest jw friends

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

Hello 30Years, welcome! Hello Terally, welcome! Hello Truman, welcome!
    Hello Mole, welcome!

"Need imput! Need imput!" That was one of the lines from the movie "Short Circuit", about a military robot, who thru a chance bolt of lightning, gained conscience awareness and soon after wanted to learn everything about life. This board and others like it (H2O, Watchtower Observer, Freeminds) represent an important avenue to learning about what has been for many of us a type of blanket covered over our eyes of understanding. That's not to say everything expressed here is something good but for the most part people are middle of the road and live and let live so that suits me just fine. I know it is hard to have family still trapped by the org.. My wife was raised a JW as is most of her family and All her friends. I still am "in" but have "seriously" curtailed my "theocratic" activity to the point of near invisibility. I NEVER accepted the orgs infailabilty and seeing the unChristian way people were treated,(my self included) only confirmed my doubts about their claims. Jesus DID say that you would know his people by the love they showed among themselves. This would come from their hearts, not fear of the org. punishment machine.
    Many here have said to take it slow and not make any sudden moves. Kind of reminds you of a snake. Well, the org. machine is like a snake that will strike you with deadly poision,(shunning, 6 million people being forced to hate you.) if you move too suddenly so please be careful.
    Well, looking forward to hearing some of your thoughts, (imput!) so keep it coming.

CornerStone

• Francois
    Francois

I like a man with the courage of his convictions. I concur with all the other folks who have recommended you take it slowly. I was in the Jay Dubs for 30 years as well, and unfortunately, being the journalist I am, said what I thought and lost my family. I didn't need to do that. I could have just faded away instead of formally disassociating.

But, you know, people who are your friends and who love you; your family if they love you too, will continue to do so, df-ed or not. The people who really cared about me are still my friends and still my family. Only the fair-weather people are gone, and who needs them anyway?

However, if you go slow, you can evaluate this as you go.

Francoise

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

I wanted to say to all those who had postions of responsibility and made the decision to step down....Wonderful...never having been in that postion I dont have the frame of reference to know what you had to go through to decide this.

I am sure it was not easy ,but I applaud you . For those others who have looked inside the organization after being with it so long, WONDERFUL! keep looking and deciding

Keep your mind open and remember how wonderful it is to share with others.

Doubt is like a drop of water on a stone.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Welcome 30 and other new er...."ones" (yuck...sorry) Its great to hear from you! Hey you LURKERS out there...yeah YOU...come in here and share with us. You will feel better for it. :)

30 - If there is one thing I regret doing its writing my disassociation letter. I probably would have been DFd soon enough but at that point, why would I have cared? I would have been able to reach more people first before leaving, is my point. But it was like when I first started to LEARN the "troof" I had to spout my mouth off all over the place and that alienated my "fleshly" (hurl) family and drove them out of my life. Then when I disassociated, I told all my JW "spiritual" family (gag puke) and alienated THEM! But then my FLESHLY family came back to me after I left so...

What a mess. Take it SLOOOOOWWWW....a grain of sand at a time slow, and just maybe the Society will shoot itself in the foot and the family will see for themselves. The other thing I know to be true, is if our loved ones are going to see the reality, they have to see it for themselves...NOBODY can make them see, not even US. Esepcially not us.

Lately I have been asking JWs this question...if the Greek Scriptures were written ONLY to the annointed ones, and all covenants are only with the annointed ones, then why do any of the OTHER SHEEP have to go door to door when that requirement was only made of the ANNOINTED? And...if those scriptures can be applied to the OTHER SHEEP...then why arent the scriptures about PARTAKING also applicable to the OTHER SHEEP? They cant have it both ways!!!

Come to us tho...tell us what you saw, what you felt, what you are feeling, and we will be there for you.

HUGS!
    Loves

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

LoveDubs.

by greek I imagine you mean Pauls stuff too

does this sound like annointed only

Col 1:2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace [be] unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Phl 1:1 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:

2Cr 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy [our] brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:

and if they were all annointed , is it possible that in the 60 years of Pauls , Johns , Peters, James and the other apostles and the 70 sent out that there were not more than 144,000.....do the MATH!

Phl 1:14 And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.

Phl 1:15 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:

Phl 1:16 The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:

Phl 1:17 But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.

Phl 1:18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

and of course others PREACHED to... hmm I wonder if they kept track of hours?

• waiting
    waiting

To all the New Ones - Hello!

There was a tradition of sorts here to have a Hello? Hello? Hello? thread posted in the Sex Forum (RedHorseWoman's idea) because Red thought it was not being used sufficiently to pay Simon's rent.

However, Simon (being proper English) changed our beloved Sex Forum to now being in with Dating & Relations & Sex. I think he's trying to get more leverage off the Sex part, don't you?

ANYWAY......, there is now a lonesome thread started in the New Friends forum called HELLO? HELLO? SIGN IN???? (so many more people read it in the Sex Forum!). But it helps us all to get to know each other a little?

How about it - give a moment?

Welcome.

waiting

• Tallyman
    Tallyman

Thirty Years,

Welcome.

Our heartfelt kongratulations.

ANOTHER success story.

You make me feel better. I only pulled 20!

TT

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Mommy Watchtower is on Life Support.
    Do the Right Thing and Pull the Plug!

* http://www.intrex.net/tallyman/wtmommy.html

* http://www.intrex.net/tallyman/the_list.html

• d0rkyd00d
    d0rkyd00d

Hi 30. This board is a great place, and i too would love to hear your stories as an elder. All of the above posts apply to this one, and i'd like to add that losing some friends is a small sacrifice to getting your life back. I lost my best friend of 5 years because i left, but soon after, i began to realize he wasn't my best friend simply because i liked him. it was because we were in the same religion. now i have REAL friends, and i only look back sometimes. it feels good to have my life back. but like all the others said, take it SLLLOOOOWWWW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit