=O/

by shera 16 Replies latest jw friends

• outnfree
    outnfree

How old is the child? Does the step-mother attend with her? Why doesn't the dad exercise headship over the stepmom? Why are you so "afraid" to confront her and him on this? (Not in front of the kid, though.)

I must say that when I was a dubbie and my husband never was, he made it clear to the kids that they did not HAVE to go with me. If THEY wanted to, they could, but they didn't have to. So when they DID come, I knew it was either out of love for me (most of the time, if truth be told) or for Jehovah God.

Plenty of atheists teach their children good morals without benefit of the WTSociety or even the Bible! Actually, I'm with Crystal -- the WTS teaches half-truths and lying by omission as a way to deal with criticism and 'persecution.' THEY are immoral in their "do what we say, not as we ourselves do" management style. Two-faced is what they are. And two-faced seems to be what your friend is after having learned at their knee. I don't want to be harsh, but, please point out her hypocrisy? The child will be a BETTER PERSON for it.

FWIW

out

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Hi, Shera,

I just find it difficult to understand why, having rejected the WBTS (for presumably good reasons), your friend is forcing her step-daughter to go to the meetings. The step-daughter obviously doesn't want to go, otherwise she would go willingly. Why isn't her father helping? I assume your friend loves her step-daughter and isn't punishing her for some reason?

Spanner

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi shera:

I'm not sure if you mentioned how old this child is, but anyhow......

If this congregation is anything like our old congregation, and the one's we belonged to in the past, the statistics look good at this kid leaving the JW's when she gets old enough to voice her dislike of meeting attendence, service, and all the rest of the garbage they put teenagers through.

In our area, we personally know many of the teenagers, who when they reached their later teens, stopped going to meetings or wanted nothing to do with the JW's. The WT better watch out, they are losing an entire generation of new salesmen!!!!!

Mrs. Shakita

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

If it wuz me, I'd take the father aside and clue him in as to what the WT Society is really all about. He probably has no idea. Maybe if he were informed he'd put a stop to this.

Print out some good stuff (child molestation, mind control, etc.) so it doesn't sound like just sour grapes from you.

Hugs 2 you

PurpleV

• shera
    shera

Thanks for replying,I have no idea why they are sending her... I did send her some info on the Jw's and silentlambs site,hoping that will help her see what the org is really about. ahhh,Farkle can't bother me,I believe what I want and if someone don't like it or has a comment like that.I just laugh it off.

...She is 15

Edited by - Shera on 9 November 2002 11:26:26

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

Hi

Send the info to the FATHER. She's probably still brainwashed and may be viewing your stuff as apostate material. Dad will have no such blinders.

Again, good luck!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Shera,

I can offer my opinion of why some people would make their children attend the WTS meetings that they themselves would not attend: some (in fact, I'll go so far as to say MANY) "inactive" or even "disfellowshipped" JWs accept and believe the WTS position that THEY ( the "inactive" or "disfellowshipped" JW) have fallen short of the righteous and holy standards of "the only true religion," the WTS.

In short, they believe that the WTS really is "The Truth"(tm).

They believe that we are indeed living in "the last days," and that any day now Armageddon will arrive and destroy 99.9% of the world's population. These "unbelieving believers" want their child to survive armageddon, even though they are certain that they will not.

Is it a manifestation of love to force your child to participate in ritualistic attendance at meetings in the superstitious belief that doing so will protect the child from supernatural terrors?

I'm not saying that I support what those parents are doing - I don't - but I can understand the sort of pretzel logic that persons trained in "discernment" by the WTS are capable of.

I would suggest that you get two copies of "Crisis of Conscience" by Ray Franz, one for the father to read, and one for the 15 year old girl to read while she's at the meetings. The JWs will then see to it that she isn't at meetings very long.

Hopefully the girl will continue in school and get an education, developing her own critical thinking skills, thus immunizing her against the "brain virus" of the WTS

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 9 November 2002 13:0:14

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit