Uh-Oh, JW's are confused by the news reporting... Getting texts from active members

by thedepressedsoul 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

You can refer to me as a still in Mole.

Anyway, I've been getting texts from JW's about the Australia news. The general census is that the JW's are very, very confused. The news is all over the place, JW's are seeing this. It's not like in the past where there wasn't much media coverage.

They honestly don't know how to make sense of it. Some are using the words like, "That's gross" or "I'm going to have to hear this from my work mates, how do I explain it?". They are shocked by the numbers. If it were one or two, they could brush it off as a misunderstanding. But over 1,000? Their WT brains are exploding.

I've had a few even say that this is the same thing that happened to the Catholic church!

Trust me guys, this one isn't escaping the notice of JW's. The news is everywhere. They're going to have to address this or try to spin this very soon because the JW's are going nuts with confusion!

• sir82
    sir82
    If you don't mind me asking, which country are you in?
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

The JWs I know here in the UK are none the wiser about this. They even missed the Loughborough trial.

If it wakes some up, so be it. Personally, I think the delusion is so entrenched and strong with some that it's just wishful thinking that the WBT$ is going down the tubes. We can but hope.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I haven't heard anything yet from the JWs I know. One of them being my wife. In order for most JWs I know to see this it needs to be on the front webpage of MSN, CNN or be a segment on Good Morning America or Today show. If it makes one of those outlets a majority of witnesses will see it.

I keep checking CNN and MSN to see if an article or video makes it to the headlines. I keep hoping...

• flipper
    flipper
    This is good news. I've already printed the New York Post article out on my printer and I'm going to be sharing this with the JW cart people hopefully this week in my little town. I might make copies of it and go leave a good number under car windshields at kingdom halls as well in several counties I work in. You know- get the word out. The " good news " has to be preached in all the nations first- right ? Then the " end " will come. Hopefully the end of this WT criminal organization
  • thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    If you don't mind me asking, which country are you in?

I'm in the US, that's as much detail as I'll give :). There are even pictures going around that JW's are taking with their phones and sending them to fellow JW friends asking what is going on.

I think this is bigger and having more of an impact then we all think. I've been getting the average JW thoughts for the last two years. I'm not the type that plants seeds of doubt, I'm the type that pokes and see's what they truly feel.

One thing I've learned, JW aren't as "blind" or "dumb" as we think on this board. A lot of them have doubts and are confused. You can only get them to say it though when it's one on one and you get them to let their guard down.

• bemused
    bemused

'I've had a few even say that this is the same thing that happened to the Catholic church!'

Perhaps you could point out (in a very confused and upset way of course) that there are over 5 million catholics in Australia but well under 100k JWs, so relatively the problem for the WT is much worse!

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    I haven't heard anything yet from the JWs I know. One of them being my wife. In order for most JWs I know to see this it needs to be on the front webpage of MSN, CNN or be a segment on Good Morning America or Today show. If it makes one of those outlets a majority of witnesses will see it.

That's the thing, a lot have seen it on channels like CNN. Don't be surprised if most are just afraid to bring it up or tell others.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Depressedsoul you have a unique situation being a mole and all. I can't get my wife's real opinion on anything because she immediately puts up the cult personality as soon as the letter J comes out of my mouth. I would love to know what she's thinking about this, if she's heard and your post gives me hope.

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

Not heard a peep from anyone.

For it to be noticed by most dubs, it will have to be front page news on all the papers and top headline on news sites and radio stations...

It's only been 2 days out of 2 weeks (?)

The shit is about to hit the proverbial fan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit