Clip of shocking testimony from Day 2 of the Royal Commission hearing

by cappytan 37 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• cappytan
    cappytan

I posted this as a reply to another thread, but thought it deserved it's own thread to draw attention to this important moment in the Day 2 testimony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl4fOBrOcC8

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    "love of neighbor"? Not if you let over a 1000 criminal sexual predators walk freely amongst your neighbors when you could have prevented it. (just Australia and just what they know of).
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Just watched it again. Absolutely disgusting! Every JW should see that snippit.

If you saw someone about to fall off a cliff wouldn't you try to save them? If you saw a worldly child about to be victimized by a disfellowshipped pedofile would you try to warn them? ------------Ah Ah only if they were a friend of mine otherwise the hell with them!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Poor bastard!! I feel sorry for him, I really do! He's a poor, ignorant man. He's a victim of abuse and doesn't know it. He's been thrown under the bus by his gurus!

DD

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Poor bastard!! I feel sorry for him. He's been thrown under the bus by his gurus!

There's a part of me that feels sorry for him too a bit. But it soon recedes when I think of the child abuse that's behind this Royal commission. I agree he is just cannon fodder.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

He looks like his blood pressure is going through the roof!

Marina

• Simon
    Simon

Wow, lots of awkward silences and squirming!

"hmmn, how do I answer that without showing the world exactly what uncaring assholes we are?"

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

DATA-DOG I said the same thing, almost word for word. I do feel bad for him. Brainwashed old guy, and his religion's carpet is getting yanked out from under him. But it needs to be seen, eggs need to get cracked.

In a way anyone who continues to believe the JW.borg machine is some kind of victim too.

One other thing I have observed is the commission has done its homework, they are not going at this half heartedly or with minimal knowledge. Better than I have ever seen in a situation like this, they are using the jW lingo skillfully and with understanding. Thats gotta be a first and it has to be making these elders shit their elder pants.

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

DATA-DOG - Poor bastard!! I feel sorry for him, I really do! He's a poor, ignorant man. He's a victim of abuse and doesn't know it. He's been thrown under the bus by his gurus!

I had a similar sentiment until I imagined him in a priest or cardinal uniform.

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

Poor bastard!! I feel sorry for him, I really do! He's a poor, ignorant man. He's a victim of abuse and doesn't know it. He's been thrown under the bus by his gurus!

Hi Data-Dog

This is the tricky thing. Most JW's are victims - there are really nasty elders, but for the most I find them blinded and unaware they are doing damage. It's not until we awaken that we realise the absolute craziness of the JW processes.

BUT even though these guys highlight the inadequacy of the elder arrangement, they are taking the blame for the GB. Come on GB where are you - would Jesus hide away while his poor foot soldiers got the blame for his actions? Would Jesus leave victims hanging with no support or love?

I considered myself to be a well read elder always reading "worldly" information about the brain, coaching / helping people, self help books, etc - but this commission has helped me see how grossly under qualified all elders are.

For any lurkers here, please look at the teachings from an outside perspective and see how ridiculous they are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit