New World Translation Versions/Revisions

by PietaHouse 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PietaHouse
    PietaHouse

Hi folks. New here, and growing weary of finding an e-text version of one of the earlier releases of the New World Translation. I have searched high and low, and for some reason, it is as if it does not exist.

I'm Catholic, but for research purposes and as a courtesy to JWs, I've put the 1984 and the 2013 versions in a database format for e-Sword (e-sword.net). They don't allow it to be posted there because of its controversial nature, but you might look up the .torrent file in a search engine. I keep it seeded. I have also bundled the ASV and the Greek and Hebrew texts for comparison.

So please, if any of you have "the Green Book" in e-text, please let me know. I don't really want to subject myself to proof-reading a scan of it. "With oil, you have greased my head" -Psalm 23 hehe! Just don't want my head greased with that.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Wow. Just a few days ago I read an OLD thread on this site were some posters were trying to get a project like this started.

Trying to remember who those posters were or how to find that thread so it can be linked to here...

Welcome to JWN! A first post - and a 'gift' - all in one. Nice.

-AudeSapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding; Dare to Think for Yourself)

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    AudeSapere

Trying to remember who those posters were or how to find that thread so it can be linked to here...

Here it is: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/265174/comprehensive-nwt-comparison-project-calling-all-technically-skilled-members?size=20&page=1

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Welcome Pieta House

You being Catholic will fit right in with all of the Mentally Diseased on this board.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

@FastJehu - Yes! That is the thread I was referring to.

You saved me so much time trying to search. I still have trouble with the search function on this new site. Thank you!

Hopefully this information correlates what the OP has offered.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    @ AudeSapere

I'm not only driving fast cars on the highway (autobahn) - also surfing fast in the information highway *lol*
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    @fastJehu - Hopefully not at the same time...~!! (driving & surfing, that is)
  • HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated
    the 84 and 2013 versions are incroperated into JW Library. It's the 1950-1960 releases that are in six volumes that prove how goofy a translation job they did.
  • paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

@ Pieta

I had no idea you can put the nwt in that program....

do you have to torrent link or name?

I downloaded e-sword a few weeks ago but did not learn how to use it, yet

• Splash
    Splash
    I also wish I could find that 2013 NWT torrent!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit