Sad about the past

by Gorbatchov 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Today I feel deep sad memories in my brain.

Visiting bookstudy with my parents, doing my best giving answers at 7 years old.

Doing fieldservice every weekend and on an evening.

I could write so much story's about it.

We believed from our hart and listened to what The Organisation told us.

It makes me sad, what a scam it became.

Today I can't stand it.

I can cry about it.

Gorby

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Yes, it makes you heartsick. Such trust...I feel your pain and am sorry you are feeling sad today. At least we allow ourselves to feel sad...before I learnt ttatt all I felt was guilt and fear.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

I know how you feel Gorby. So many have given so much to something the believed in. I had a Faithful Sister (still in) tell us this weekend that she always tried her best (pioneered for years) and now she feels dismissed and unimportant. She really was a good example in the congregation. She always helped others and was loving and supportive. She is scratching her head as to what is going on in this organization. So sad!

Maybe all that is currently happening is the straw that broke the camels back. The org may not go away but it sure is taking a hit.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The filthy, disgusting cult destroyed my family. I am beyond tears..only emptiness remains. The WBT$ has exacted it's inhuman revenge on me calling bs on their paedophile protection real estate scam.

There is no karma, no invisible sky daddy to get back and exact justice against that vile corporation for me.

Tough for me.

I know your pain, Gorby.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I feel that way, too. I really believed it; I based my life on it. In the eighties when the district conventions were over, I'd stand in the upper part of the coliseum and look out over the floor dreading leaving that atmosphere and going back to "the world".

I remember the old days at district conventions when my grandfather and his JW friends discussed exciting prophecies about the end. I remember the old book studies in various homes. I remember the old two-color mags and other publications.

It seemed so different back then. But now it seems so cheap, shallow, plastic, glittery... so wrong.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Its hard to reconcile happy memories, tied to behavior that ended up being the undoing of the basic human love that is supposed to exist in the family.

Its a great dichotomy. The only real revenge, is to get better. To let it out sometimes, and try to live well.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    I feel sad for my ex-wife who was born in and started pioneering at 16 years of age and is still pioneering and almost 60 years old. We gave up having children because we thought the end was just around the corner. We built up a nice life and by the time she was 30 years old we had a huge house paid off, new cars every year, a regular maid that cleaned the house every week, dinner at restaurants ever day. But once I started telling her some of the crazy things the WT had done like changing the blood doctrine to include fractions, she felt her everlasting life was threaten and filed for divorced. She stills believes the paradise is coming in her time. I feel sorry for her because I know they will throw her away like trash once they have no use for her.
  • paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

Don't feel sad. God is not in an organization. God is alive and we can have a personal relationship with Him. We do not need any other mediator but Jesus, no organization, no group of people, no one else.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Hindsight...NOW it seems so dumb to make marriage/divorce decisions based on stuff at church!

Marina

• cha ching
    cha ching

My heart goes out to you all, I was there too, and I agree!

The best revenge is to not let them get you!

I think this Australian court exposure on the cold hearted thinking and actions of the WT, GB, "Service Desk", "Legal Desk", CO's, DO's, Elders just may be the crack that starts the waters breaking out of the dam!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit