I have new neighbors

by wasasister 12 Replies latest jw friends

• wasasister
    wasasister

The nice lady living next door to me lost her husband last year and finally decided to move in with relatives. Although we only had a nodding acquaintance , I was sorry to see her go.

The "For Sale" sign did not stay up long. One day as I came home from work, I noticed a moving truck in the driveway (which is separated from my own by only a few feet), so I walked over to introduce myself to the family. I met the father and two teenaged boys. I was told there was also a mother and a daughter. Pleasantries were exchanged.

I did observe that the lot of them looked as if they could have played extras in the movie "Deliverance", or were the end result of too many near-relative marriages. Bad teeth, bad clothes, and eyes that didn't quite match up to each other.

The following Saturday, I was to meet my Witness daughter at my house, but had left briefly to pick up snacks for her visit. She arrived shortly before I did and intercepted two elders who were approaching my door. They recognized her and she chatted with them. (To her credit, she made it sound as if I would not be home for hours, thus saving me from their univited visit.) During her conversation, the elders mentioned they were in the neighborhood not to see me, but because they had heard a family of Witnesses had moved in nearby. When she related that conversation to me, I got a chill.

I would not have picked my new neighbors as Witnesses from a lineup, because they did not have that neat and tidy look one sees depicted in the magazines and on stage in family dramas. So, I looked for other signs that the elders had, indeed, picked the right new homeowners on my street.

Last night, my worst fears were confirmed. As we were preparing to hand out candy to the costumed little darlings, the family next door had their lights off although there were three cars in the driveway. About 7:15pm they all got into the family van, dressed in "meeting attire", carrying books or bags, and left.

There goes the neighborhood, as they say. I've always been careful about holiday decorations or outward signs of my non-belief out of respect for my Witness daughter. However, to have next door observers who could cause problems for me with the elders is another matter. So far, I've managed a quiet fade, even though there are some who would delight in seeing me disfellowshipped.

Oddly enough, although I've had several polite but brief conversations with the neighbors, they have not yet tried to talk to me about religion. That tells me they either 1)know I'm an inactive Witness or 2) are waiting for the right moment to begin preaching to me. Who knows, maybe the "conversion" will work the other way 'round??

Should be an interesting Christmas on my street.

Wasa/keeping the blinds drawn

• searcher
    searcher

It certainly should be interesting !

If the people are as ' non - witness - looking ' as you saw, then who knows what other non - witness activities you may observe from your new neighbours ?

(if this is not inapropriate).......Have fun !

searcher.

• nancee park
    nancee park

FOR "DEPROGRAMMING" FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS AND MISINFORMED JW'S LIVING NEXT DOOR:

ALTHOUGH THERE ARE NICE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES (JWs), members of the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society (WTS) over them, including currently alleged pedophile Ted Jarasz, and local WTS elders cover up child molestation, let JW pedophiles go door-to-door as proved at
    http://www.silentlambs.org or phone toll-free 1 877-WT-ABUSE, also had a secret 10 year liason with the UN, misteach about things like holidays etc.

To begin here's a UK WTS elder handcuffed for prison because a pedophile:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/england/newsid_2123000/2123546.stm

In fact Pat Garza has openly alleged she was raped by WTS Governing Body member Ted Jarasz (nicknamed "the Boss" at Bethel) in Los Angeles when he was a JW District Overseer. Leaks state 23,000+ JW pedophiles are on file at WTS Bethel headquarters in Brooklyn, New York (USA), most unrevealed to police despite Romans 13:1. He did not deny it but stayed silent. Sources also allege WTS Governing Body member Leo Greenlees in the 1980s was a pedophile: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=5466&site=3

In October 2002 five WTS Gov Body members were offically alleged as pedophiles and summoned for a judicial hearing by silentlambs.org. Ministerial Servant/Elder pedophiles so far convicted by regular courts include Gregory Blackstone at Hollis, New Hampshire; Larry Baker at Augusta, Maine; Tim Gardner at Richmond, Missouri; Manual Beliz at Othello, WA; others in the UK, France, Norway, Australia etc

WTS Awake and Watchtower magazines and elders say God opposes the UN but, until exposed, in 1991-2001 WTS was secretly a formal UN associate (Non-Governmental Organization) not just to use the UN's library as proved if you read the Nov 22, 1998 Awake magazine and use Search at the top at jehovahs-witness.org with "UN" or "U.N." Besides, the U.N. does not even require a group to become an official associate group in order to get a card to use its library! After this was publicized on the internet the official U.N. ties were cut but not all unofficial ties:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=34436&site=3

Christ said families would be split by those doing right and those doing wrong but WTS has formal Judicial Committees destroying families via numerous formal renderings of disfellowshipment (severe shunning). 1 Cor 6:1 only says judge "trivial" things as in business, James 2:4-13 calls judging harmful, and Paul says the "majority" (2 Cor 2:6) followed his advice to shun a wrongdoer, meaning a Minority chose not to and yet he nowhere condemns them.

Acts 15:20 says abstain from blood but 1 Sam 14:32-5 says Saul's army ate unBLED meat to not starve and no verses show God not forgiving them. Christ says God also forgave David's eating temple holy bread and that God wants Mercy Not Sacrifice. (Mt 12) The May 22, 1994 Awake tells of 26 JW kids who died without transfusions, and by common sense in massive bleeding as in car wrecks blood expanders won't save lives
    http://www.ajwrb.org. About 3 JWs die daily earthwide from the unscriptural policy! (Blood On The Altar by David Reed) Yet most normal identical twins transfuse whole blood to each other through a shared placenta and childrens' whole blood is sometimes found in mothers years after birth.

WTS says Christ was likely born about Oct 2, so why ignore counting back 9 months for normal conception or genetic-level birth means he was born in late December? Why insist Christmas is from the pagan Saturnalia when John 10:22-3 says Christ also celebrated the Festival of Dedication or Lights, i.e. Hannukah, which first began Dec 25 but has varied since because lunar-based? Job 1:3, 3:1-3 show Job's kids celebrated birthdays if you read all 3 verses to see day of birth is meant. At Luke 2 angels themselves celebrated Christ's birth. Santa is from Saint Nicholas, an actual red-robed Christian gift-giving elder of the Middle Ages, not a wizard or pagan god. The word Easter may as easily be from the Anglo-Saxon word eastern (Christianity came from East of England) as from the goddess Eastre, the eggs as likely from the Jewish passover egg as from paganry, common sense saying early Christians more likely using eggs and rabbits to symbolize the hope for new life by resurrection than as vesiges of pagan fertility or sex rites!

Halloween came from All Hallows (Holy Ones/Saints) Evening when parents had children dress as saints to encourage them to be good, the normally harmless pranks coming from Ireland where maybe taken from pagans even as wedding rings, names of days, months, some Christian names in the Bible like Apollos and Jason possibly also came from pagans. Why does WTS call compromises holidays that attacked and replaced paganisms especially since Colossians 2:16 says let none judge you about a holiday or Sabbaths? WTS calls a cross a repugnant murder weapon but Paul said boast in it as a symbol of resurrection over death. (Ga 6:14, 1Cor 1:17-18) They say it was a stake but human remains and inscriptions show archaeologists the stauros was a cross not stake, Dr F Zugibe's research shows suffocation would be in minutes if on a stake but in hours if on outstretched cross per Lu 23:44 and Mat 27:45-6, and the word stauros can mean not just stake but cross.

There are countless views on the trinity concept, with almost only the United Pentecostals and a few related groups praying straight to and teaching Jesus is God Almighty (Jehovah) Himself-- the modalism view. Yet WTS says the Trinity is believing Father, Son, Spirit are one "identical" person and falsely say most all Protestant and Catholic churches teach that. The fact is that most all Protestant and Catholic groups accept the trinity idea as being three totally different entities or persons, always from when time started forming one "Godship" just as Romans 1:20 says. (Read It) One illustration is that the Son and Spirit share inherited age, power, knowledge from God remindful of how an acorn may be only one day old but also by its genes share the oak tree's age, capacity and information! Three different entities but one in age, power and knowledge who have always formed one God Almighty or Godship.

Members are told report on each other although the Bible condemns busy-bodying. Nor are regular JWs allowed to read Judicial Committee "sin files" on themselves, many not knowing they exist often with misinformation and kept at Brooklyn's Bethel headquarters even if destroyed locally after seven years. Page 232 in the Insight book shows a picture of the Pay Attention To Yourselves And All The Flock book that elders have but do not allow non-elders to read. Page 302 in the Daniel book and pages 88 and 651 in the Proclaimers book show photos of the Knights Templar swords and the cross-with-crown-and-wreath used by Masons who sometimes use "Theocratic Warfare" tactics to change members' personalities on early WTS literature. Not surprisingly with the pedophile and other scandals, many good JWs have also complained of visual and electronic spying and harassment, including physically! Some old WT books also have the winged sun god Ra on front covers - never a Christian symbol.

Many Jehovah's Witnesses staying JWs are cutting time and money given the WTS which is declared "apostate" for causing divisions besides having endangered children, having the secret U.N. liason etc. By Oct 2002 950+ exJWs had registered for in-person meetings, (
    http://exjw.meetup.com/ ), many enjoyed a newsletter from the "Free Christians" fellowship of exJWs and friends which offers unity from love or friendship that surpasses forced sameness of beliefs as well as encourages those interested to organize independent Bible Study groups (Col 3:14, click on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jahchristian/ ). Others have joined moderate Baptists, nondenoms etc.

This "Liberator" was written out of concern for JW family members and friends as well as the public's - yours too! Please help out silentlambs.org (1 877-WT-ABUSE) in fighting for the children by making and distributing more copies today!

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

boy if you need any home improvements, now is the time to see if they can help you ( be of use to you) with this or that. yep should be interesting come next month. at least they should be well behaved teens and not have any wild orgie partys.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

This sounds like an excellent year to break out the life-size waving Santa who says "ho-ho-ho" every 10 seconds and either put it on your front lawn as close to their property line as possible, or in your bedroom window (and REALLY give them something to talk about!).

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld
    at least they should be well behaved teens and not have any wild orgie partys.

Or, they may be one of the now typical mentally stressed out, crazy wild JW youths who snap after years of pressure and go insane.

life-size waving Santa who says "ho-ho-ho" every 10 seconds and either put it on your front lawn as close to their property line as possible

LOL! That would stir up the s*&t

• Jesika
    Jesika

Of all the people to move in next door--is what I would have been thinking!! Sorry for the bad luck, and keep us posted. Maybe they are not the "strong" JW type, just simple minded and need to be told how to live (judging from your description anyway).

Jes

• Xander
    Xander

I did observe that the lot of them looked as if they could have played extras in the movie "Deliverance", or were the end result of too many near-relative marriages??
    I would not have picked my new neighbors as Witnesses from a lineup, because they did not have that neat and tidy look one sees depicted in the magazines and on stage in family dramas.

Hmmmm....

That tells me they either 1)know I'm an inactive Witness or 2) are waiting for the right moment to begin preaching to me

I'd argue for 3) they are incredibly new. IE., they haven't been fully 'indoctrinated' (turned into clones) yet. That would explain the dual elder visit, too. I've moved a couple times as a witness in good standing, indeed, even married into a new house, and neither my family nor I ever received an 'elder visit' as a welcome. In my experience, that is reserved for new ones or weak ones (or those suspected of being 'weak').

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

wasasister, sorry to hear that, wouldn't wish this on even my worst enemy. There goes your property values (just kidding). So when are you throwing an Apostafest? LOL

• wasasister
    wasasister

Whoa! never thought of that! Throw a gigantic apostofest in my back yard and invite the new neighbors over as a gesture of goodwill!!!

I'm just waiting for an opportunity to "witness" about the Witnesses. It's like the Wicked Witch of the West said about getting Dorothy's ruby slippers off her without killing her: "These things have to be done de-li-cate-ly (insert evil cackle)"

Any good ideas on an opening line?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit