Comments You Will NOT Hear at the 11-3 WT Study

by blondie 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I will be at the Special Assembly Day this weekend....Appropriately named SAD. With your comments to reflect on, I will pay more than the usual attention. Thanks for your comments.

• blondie
    blondie

hi acsot and NewYork,

Thanks to both. Sorry about the SAD. At least it is only one day. I have a CA coming up soon. What to do, what to do?

Yes this site is very educational, acsot. It can also lead you to other sites that have good information. I am reading the new edition of Crisis of Conscience. I need to because I have reached that point that I have to leave to keep my self-respect.

I may take notes at the CA and if anything is more than regurgitation I may post it here.

Blondie

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Blondie!

Honestly, this DID HAPPEN!

I was the Watchtower reader for the article you just posted. (Being the reader on stage, you can see everyone clearly). Get this!! After reading paragraph 11 (...daydreaming...dozing...), I sat down and couldn't contain myself. There in front of me was Brother S*********, SLEEPING! I had to really to control from laughing. And then guess! Well, while reading paragraph 13 (...suggestion about sitting up in front...), I really had to contain myself because Brother S******** was in the FRONT ROW! (Talk about not trying to laugh out loud while reading).

I have to admit. This was the BEST WT Study I have ever been to!

I always enjoy your posts. (And thanks, you did reply to one of mine). Since I'm currently "so-called active", I still attend meetings. (However, I'm trying to do the "slow submerge"). Now with your article reviews, I can really get the most of the meetings because of the "new light". Keep em' coming!

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother Exerting Vigorously)

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, could you please do a little earlier preview of this week's WT.? I will be away on FRI-SUN. Keep up the fine commentary, sis!

• blondie
    blondie

Sleeping and in the front row, eh, AW!?

I can remember a brother who was caught napping. He was quietly snoozing and heard his name (it was his wife trying to wake him up). He stood up and gave the prayer right in the middle of the meeting. (I'm sure this is not a unique story.)

Yup, those comments were probably direct from a Bethelite or a CO/DO who looked out over the flock and saw too many nodding heads.

Personally, I think I'm awake and I suddenly start snoring. Makes it back to the last row. I sit in the backroom now without any hassle from the elders. I can snore to my heart's content.

AW, I have to say that once the reader fell asleep. The conductor called for the paragraph to be read and there the reader was, drooling spit into his lap as he slept. He had pulled a double shift and had not had any sleep.

This week's is hard because I can only do 2 paragraphs before I want to vomit. But I will prevail for those who must yet endure before doing the "slow submerge."

Blondie

• viglen
    viglen

Hi Blondie

Thank you so much for your insights on the issue of attention span and interest value. Are you a JW? Do you still go to these meetings?

I am a Christian and not a JW but I am really interested in them. I do not have any intention in becoming a JW either!

I have been to loads of their meetings at various Kingdom Halls because I like to ask questions at the WT study. I have recently been to a convention. With my shirt and tie in place I blended in with the crowd. My first impression was that nobody spoke to me. My rather grumpy neighbour looked down his nose at me because I had no song book and grudgingly decided to share his with me. How vastly different were the worshippers at the convention from the picture of the Israelite in the song book!

It was so cold and clinical and yes the speakers needed bad eggs thrown at them.

I must admit that I don't think I have ever been so bored in my life. I asked myself continually why do all these people put up with this? The amazing thing was the number of young people there! Are JW's so duped with the WT drug that they will put up with anything.

And as for the songs and the recorded piano music.....?

Viglen

• blondie
    blondie

Hi Viglen,

Yes, I still go sporadically but eventually won't go at all. I feel I am still a Christian but God is the final judge.

My first impression was that nobody spoke to me. My rather grumpy neighbour looked down his nose at me because I had no song book and grudgingly decided to share his with me.

Although the WTS may occasionally tell JWs at their meetings, in the publications, and at the start of the assembly, to talk to those sitting near them at the assemblies and meet new people, most are too busy trying to catch up on the news and socialize with the JWs they already know. I have gotten cool looks from those I have tried to talk to who are sitting near me that seem to say "I don't have time to talk to you; I have to find my friends."

I asked myself continually why do all these people put up with this? The amazing thing was the number of young people there! Are JW's so duped with the WT drug that they will put up with anything.

Just keep reading, Viglen. Once JWs are baptized, they are trapped. If they try to just disappear, they will be watched to see if they commit some act that they can be shunned by family and friends. If a JW formally leaves and puts it in writing, they will be shunned by family and friends. If the other JWs perceive you as weak spiritually, they will shun you. It's as if you don't exist or died.

And as for the songs and the recorded piano music.....?

The songs must be from those who are approved by the Watchtower Society. Some are pretty bad. Some are pretty good. There used to be live piano music at the Kingdom Halls and orchestras at the assemblies. But once the albums, cassettes, CDs came into being, congregations were required to use them. A definite financial plus for the Watchtower Society until 1990 when the donation arrangement was instituted. The Society felt too much time was spent on practicing the music for the assemblies and that the piano players at the Kingdom Halls were not consistently qualified.

Viglen, just keep reading new and old posts and you will see why people stay, that young people are required to attend and most leave as soon as they can.

Blondie (who has seen 50 years of it)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit