Who's Got a Spooky Story to Tell?

by SpannerintheWorks 30 Replies latest jw friends

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Here's my one and only Spooky Story.

My wife goes to visit her JW sister, who lives several hundred miles away, about once a year. While she is away, I get some major DIY jobs done. She is away at the moment, so I'm fitting a new bathroom. Last year it was a new kitchen, the year before it was decorating the hall, stairs and landing. It was that time, two years ago that something spooky happened.

It was Sunday, and my wife was due back the following day. By mid morning I had about eight hour's work left to complete decorating the stairs and hall, mainly painting. Well I usually go out for a run every Sunday but if I went out this Sunday, I could get behind with the job. I decided to go anyway!

I set off about 11am. My wife and her sister were attending the KH meeting that morning, and it would be about half way through.

Anyway, there is a public field along the route of my run which I entered and began to run round. About half way round there is a bench. As I looked ahead this particular morning, I could see there was a middle-aged man sitting on it, about 100 yards in the distance. I'm a pretty friendly guy and tend to say hi to people when I'm out running in the country, but this time, for some reason I felt compelled to say hello! As I got nearer, I was within "hello" range and was about to greet this man when he looked right at me and said, " you should be at home painting the stairs, mate! " As I had never met this guy in my life, I replied, " how do you know? " Well, he just laughed out loud! I turned away and carried on running for just a few seconds when I thought to myself " that was strange, I'm going to ask him how he knows", but that was immediately followed by " you're going to turn around, and he'll be gone. You'll look everywhere, but you will not find him." I turned around, and he had, sure enough, disappeared!

There is only one way in or out of this field, and he hadn't gone out, because I had been running in its direction and anyway, it was a few hundred yards in the distance. With those previous strange thoughts running through my mind again, I did, indeed, try to find this man. But there was nowhere for him to hide, anyway!

Needless to say, I never did find him.

Now, I had ran that route virtually every Sunday for five years, and I had never seen that man before. I have not seen him since. I have not had any hints as to any explanation, at all. How did he know about me "decorating the stairs"? I should really have stayed at home and finished the job, after all, my wife was due back the next day and she would not have been happy if it wasn't finished! It was about the time that she and her sister were at the KH. Just as spooky, what about those "messages" that I received, which proved correct?

Let me make it clear that I am not one for imagining things, and I don't (usually) hear voices in my head! This was a complete one-off.

Any comments, anyone?

Has anybody got any spooky stories of their own? Ghosts, the paranormal, UFO's, poltergiests. They are all welcome!

Spanner

• shera
    shera

If I tell my stories,I'll sound like a complete nuttcase...

• Shakita
    Shakita

Ewwwwww.......good one Spanner!!!!!!

No good original stories here. I remember some stupid demon possession JW stories that were passed around from time to time. Just alot of crap though! I always thought that the story teller was in need of some pathetic attention!!!!!!!

Have a Happy Halloween Everybody!

Mrs. Shakita

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Hi, Shera

go on, please tell, I won't tell anybody else!

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

YIKES!! A FEW MINUTES AGO, I PUGGED IN A BATTERY CHARGER INTO THE WALL, AND THE THING BLEW UP!!

I'M NOT INJURED, BUT THERE WAS AN ENORMOUS FLASH AND BANG!!!!

WHAT'S GOING ON???

SSPPPANNNERRR

• Shakita
    Shakita

Spanner,

I suspect the evil demon world didn't like you telling on them!

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Shakita,

you may be right. The guy had horns and was holding a pitch fork, come to think of it! But seriously, the battery charger has been used daily since 02/01/02 without any problems. After sending my first reply, above, I switched it on and PPWWHHEBANG!!

Just a coincidence?

It's Hallowe'en as well!!!

Spanner

• NewSense
    NewSense

Dear Spanner:

That man on the bench could have been nothing more than an exterior projection of your conscience. You were torn between doing two desirable and useful activities - painting and getting exercise. You are no doubt a very conscientious person who is very proud of his work. The clue lies in what the "man" said. That was you talking to you. How else could you have known that you would never see "him" again? Probably the stress you were feeling, mixed with a little adrenalin, caused to the externally project the answer to the dilemna you were facing. You were basically saying to yourself: "If one of the two desirable alternatives really must be postponed, then it should be running. After all, I can always go running later. There's no pressing need for me to go running right now."

• NewSense
    NewSense

Dear Spanner:

Sorry to hear about your battery recharger exploding. Did you check to make sure that you loaded it with rechargeable batteries? If you attempt to recharge non-rechargeable batteries, that is exactly what will happen. Ka-booooooooom!!!!!!

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Thanks for your reply, New Sense.

I appreciate that you are trying to give me a logical explanation for things, but I did not imagine that bloke! He was definitely real, he definitely spoke those words and I definitey "heard" those thoughts!

Believe me, if your explanation was correct, a similar scenario would occur almost every day!

Just read your follow-reply on the battery charger explosion. It's (was) a vehicle battery charger, obviously with a rechargeable battery.

Again, thanks for your reply.

Spanner

Edited by - SpannerintheWorks on 31 October 2002 10:58:53

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit