Where Are They Now???

by minimus 13 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I was raised as a Witness and I remember many of the old timers. Many of the elders are no longer serving.

It seems like almost anyone that wad married and had kids

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    when the JWs call at my door.....9 times out of 10 I don't know who they are. I was raised in the filthy, disgusting cult in this area too.
  • minimus
    minimus

My post vanished. Many of the elders and servants who had families, got deleted and just seemed to get lost.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Yep it seems that the ones who were told they wouldn't finish high school before the end are overlapping with their Grandchildren's generation now. I wonder in amazement of what prognostications are to come from the GB's holy spirit directed leadership? I am awaiting with baited breath.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    I can think of a fair few from elders to MS' and even CO's that aren't serving from the time I was a kid, many have died, the most interesting story I heard recently was an elder who was very good friends with my parents who was the most hard nosed committed elder you could have ever met is now out, we've exchanged a couple of messages, another couple who were uber Dubs from my childhood and around my parents age has seen the wife leaving , very unexpected, another 2 elders left and had affairs, a couple were involved in shady business practices, I remember a very flamboyant CO leaving
  • punkofnice
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

When some left years ago...the rumours that went around were AMAZING!

When I left the same thing happened. Incredible lies including the lie that I had mistreated my JW wife. Now, that DID hurt. I never laid a hand on anyone ever.

But then, what did I expect. JWs just love gossip...it's all they have in this life.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

In my area, it will be years between me seeing one, JUST ONE set of JWs in service.

Our neighborhood was hit with memorial fliers last year, but not this year. They must be getting ninja powers because you find the invitations, but never see them. I imagine they are becoming more and more adverse to ever striking up a conversation with people. I think there are enough people out there now that might ask hard questions. ( Aside from the door slammers and out right rude people, which I do not approve of at all) I do approve of just not answering though. I refuse to answer the door to strangers. (Which is another possibility they are so scarce nowadays)

it is interesting to watch this turning of the tide so to speak. The changes in the directions the JW are given.

Fascinating to watch from the outside. Thankfully I am not, and never will be, on the inside of the control.

So I wonder where are those nice plus sized black women who used to come to by door now and again a decade or so ago. I gave them a jar of home made blackberry jelly once. I am fond of the nice people who think they are doing the right thing (when it is not harming my family).

For the most part the JWs I meet are pleasant, just misguided. But I would not trust any one of them fully. The control they are under is too great. I do not trust that my most kind loving giving thoughtful mother in law would not shun her son if he were to become baptized and then " make a mistake" or actually see TTATT and stop attending. I wish I could trust her. 90% of me does. But I know there is a part of her that is deeply indoctrinated and if she had to choose, it could very well be to side with the WTBTS and against her own family. I hope so very much I am wrong about that. Our future married lives might very well have this drama played out.

At least now I am on the path of independence from my husband so that if he decides to bring the WTBTS into our lives, I will be able to independently function with or without him. That is what is now saving my sanity. I was far too dependent on him.

Who knows, he could do some independent research and recognize ttatt before getting baptized some day as he had promised. Stranger things have happened in life huh?

OOps, I derailed, once again. Sorry for my rambling posts. I tend to get on a roll....

• CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

Many of those I knew as elders are dead. Their wives are dead too. Now their children are old and dying off.

Those who are my age are just becoming grandparents for the first time, dealing with gray hair, getting old. Some are also already dead.

I don't know how the Watchtower does it, but there was a third and even fourth generation of dead witnesses that existed before I ever walked into a Kingdom Hall myself. How they have managed to see this as "one generation" or just recently as "one generation overlapping another" just proves to me what lengths the human mind will go to in order to preserve the state of denial one enjoys.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The generations may overlap(tm) but people die.

All the old legends I knew are either dead or senile. Me too soon, with a bit of luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit