The Two Witness Rule and a Withered Hand

by Perry 17 Replies latest jw friends

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

"We cannot go beyond the things that are written in the scriptures". He was obviously referring to the carte blanc application of the two witness rule.

Perry,

I am sure he was but they go beyond something written in the scriptures all the time. They just do not want any of you to notice. And it pertains to criminal matters in which the civil authorities not the church has jurisdiction and in such cases where this two witness rule does not apply. In fact such civil authorities are allowed to exist for this very purpose to deal with such crimes and as such they serve the interests of Christ.

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. {ordained: or, ordered} 2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: 4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. 5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

By not making proper application of such texts and shifting attention away to verses that do not have jurisdiction over such matters, they have gotten away with the most vile criminal acts imaginable.

Joseph

• Perry
    Perry

Joeseph,

I certainly hope that you are right. The WT has entered the realm of Ceasar with their criminality. We will see if the Bible is right won't we? Thanks.

Thanks to waiting, BluesBrother, terafera, Simon, my buddy SixofNine, and jgnat.

Francois,

Thanks for the correction about the program. Was it really the BBC?

You are absolutely correct about the body language of Ted. If he felt secure about his role in policies, why would he try to shield his face from the camera? I never thought about that. It makes little sense because he had just been in front of thousands of people! It was doubtless a from the hip response born out of fear. Was he afraid that Ceasar had caught up with him at that time and the media was there to record it? We'll never know, but it's an interesting thing to ponder.

Thank you for your comments.

Perry

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I couldn't help but notice the way that he said that, and I thought - Jesus, is that how he's asking to be judged.

• Matty
    Matty

Back to the top for this utterly brilliant post, just in case anyone missed it, thanks again Perry.

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

Ted was on TV? He covered up the camera lens? When? Where? I MISSED it!

• Matty
    Matty

PurpleV, you can see a streaming video version of it by going to the media area of this site. If you have a broadband connection and want to see a better quality version, just email Simon and he will link you to a higher definition version of the Panorama programme.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/media.asp?site=3

• Farkel
    Farkel

: was most disturbed when I heard the response given to the reporter on the NBC Dateline show that interviewed Ted Jaracz. When asked if the organization protected pedophiles, he arrogantly said, "We cannot go beyond the things that are written in the scriptures".

Actually the interview was on the BBC Panorama show.

Farkel

• Perry
    Perry

Thanks for clearing that up. Yes, it was on the BBC program.

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit