Why hasn’t someone gotten real pissed off yet?

by John Aquila 51 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• rebel8
    rebel8

omg 2 confirmed dead so far at the theater. :(

They need to get metal detectors and security.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Wow rebel8, I wonder how many of these incidents have happened but we are just not aware of it.
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I was at a place about 15 years ago where I was considering doing something to the GB, but I could not come up with a good plan that would allow me to do what I had in mind so after many long hikes 20+ miles up and down the the foothills to work off my anger at what they done to me my anger subsided. Thankfully I reached a place where that obsession wore off and I was able to move on with my life and make the best of my remaining years.

I do find consolation though in the way things are happening to this mind control cult as they struggle to keep their Faithful and Discreet Salve fantasy alive and the blunders that wishful thinking is causing them to make. Some of my family is still in and refuse to talk to me and it hurts but my need for revenge on those bastards called the Governing Body is being satisfied by the vast exposure they are now facing as the internet become a household tool for vast amounts of the world's population and will only get worse.

But I too have wondered when someone will reach a breaking point and gun a couple of them down, I think the possibility is very real and the odds will only increase as the GB pursue their totalitarian heartless course of disfellowshipping dissenters. Eventually they are going to piss off the wrong person who is very unstable with anger issues over whatever. I think that is why they give no advance notice of when a GB member is going to give a talk at a convention in an effort to minimize the risk of this happening.

• wozza
    wozza

Often wondered about this but when its considered that the religion has only a tiny percentage of the worlds population in it , the chances of violence happening is slim as the people that were in were trying to live moally balanced lives with good hearts .

And how often does the leaders of other churches have to deal with violence , probably the same as the JWs ? Could it be said that Jehovah is protecting the GB ? not likely anymore than other religious leaders after all they are as accessible to the R & F as the pope.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

I think the possibility is very real and the odds will only increase as the GB pursue their totalitarian heartless course of disfellowshipping dissenters. Eventually they are going to piss off the wrong person who is very unstable with anger issues over whatever.

I think so to Brokeback Watchtower

• wozza
    wozza

I remember when Franz came to Oz and I was appointed to "security" and wondered about something bad might happen ,but not many of us knew how he was to get to the football ground and which gate he might come through.

Well all of a sudden a black limosine came to the gate I was attending and we opened up the gates and it drove up to the podium on the playing field. I thought at the time that this is no humble servant but a godlike person who is being treated as such, which really disturbed me as I'd been pumped full of that crap that they are'nt special , just human like us blah blah. He came with an entourage and every one was pumped in "security " that he was special including myself ,and I then thought he could be taken out just like anyone whose famous .His talk was just the usual meanderings of an old blind man I guess as the talk left no impression on me.

This was one of the moments I thought I had doubts developing way back then.

• Simon
    Simon

I think there are several factors. While it's true the WTS has damaged many people's personal lives, the number who would ever act out revenge for real to a degree that makes the news is always going to be a very small segment of any population and when that population is small to start with (size of religion) and is definitely on the pacifist end of the spectrum it isn't too surprising that people going postal is rare, thankfully.

Our community has had it's share of dangerous nuts though (who think pepper spraying old JWs would get applause) so we should always be careful with the language and tone we use to make sure we don't risk inciting such ones to action.

On the whole I agree with what some have already said - exJWs tend to be self-destructive and this is probably a by-product of the JW mindset.

We also do have quite a good community now where you can get support and build a life outside the WTS and lots of information available on how to make a smooth transition out of the religion.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think if anybody does do anything it will be during the initial shock one has when one finds out how badly they been deceived and treated(disfellowshipped and loss of family and friend) but like Simon says there is more support now for such ones so that in time one gets ones bearings and finds some type support.

The initial shock and loss takes time to recover from but is is during this early stage that a person eaten up with anger might lash out at his persecutors with violence. I speak from my own experience.

BTW if I got some terminal illness I think I might perhaps have a tendency to want to take care of some unfinished business if my time was short and go out with a bang instead of a whimper.

• truth-or-consequences
    truth-or-consequences

It would likely depend upon the victim, the amount of harm done, and his/her desire for "justice." Does he/she feel that the cruelty of the Borg should be stopped?

"Revenge is a dish best served cold."

• steve2
    steve2

Simon - thanks. well reasoned comments.

As much as I understand the severe distress, anguish and even anger over the organization's policies - especially as carried out by Witnesses' deliberately hurtful behavior - it never justifies violence or even the verbalised threat of violence.

The absolutely overwhelming majority of individuals hurt by the organization carry themselves with a good measure of composure and personal dignity often in the face of enormous psychological provocation. It speaks well to their values and sensitivities that they do not resort to any shape or form of violence.

Of note, in all the GB's derogatory and punitive references to "apostates", they have never accused apostates of any acts of violence or revenge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit