So, "Is Ray Franz GREAT or What???"

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I just read Amazing's thread on Ray Franz' response. The question was raised regarding the so-called "sarcasm" that Bill Bowen expressed on a number of threads and posts about Ray Franz being "great or what". If Bill Bowen is simply trying to make "peace", we are left to feel that we should just dismiss any statements that were made by "Silentlambs" and let bygones be bygones. When Bill Bowen made his posts and subsequent statements on Ray Franz being great or what, I questioned the tone of his declaration. I didn't see any responses. So the question remains, if Bill Bowen is as sincere as he suggests, what was the purpose of asking, "IS RAY FRANZ GREAT OR WHAT"?

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

And what is the purpose of rehashing this other than to ignite another war?

Sheez, don't people ever learn?

We have a common enemy and it isn't Ray or BIll.

Lew W

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

You're a little shit stirrer minimus!

• minimus
    minimus

Hi Lew, The reason I ask the SAME question again, is because it's not right to assasinate a person's character and blow it off with sarcasm. BB will never have the opportunity to reach his ideals unless he REALLY settles the matter in the public forum, since that's where HE decided to make accusations.....No war intended here.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Minimus, you say it sounded like scarcasm? How can you know what the tone of his speech was when you did not actually hear his voice when he made the comment.

You only read his written words on a page and assumed that it was made with scarcasm. He could have had tears in his eyes or he could have had a quivering tone in his voice. He could have meant it sincerely with a cheer in his voice. You cannot be sure. You have no way of knowing. However, you want to jump to the conclusion that he meant it as scarcasm. You picked the lowest common denominator and are declaring it as truth when it is simply your opinion.

If an interloper was sent to this board to cause division, he/she could not do a better job than that you are doing.

Edited by - Dutchie on 25 October 2002 0:18:43

Edited by - Dutchie on 25 October 2002 0:27:35

• LB
    LB

Maybe it's best to let it die? I think all that needs to be said has been said.

• minimus
    minimus

Reread everytime he chose those words before you suggest your defense. He didn't say it once, but many times. Reread it!

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Sorry, Min, but I disagree. All I see coming is another war between two parties who should be joining forces. As far as I'm concerned, neither Bill nor Ray owes anyone anything. Each is fighting the good fight in their own way and even though it may have been brought public, I feel whatever transpires from now on between Bill and Ray should stay between BIll and Ray.

None of us has the right to try and force anyone else to say or do any specific thing here. Afterall, isn't that what Bill was accussed of trying to do to Ray? As I see it, public arguing over this just draws attention away from those needing our help the most, the victims. Many of us appreciate the efforts of both men and do not wish to see either maligned any further. After I did that one post a few weeks ago, I received a lot of encouraging email from quite a few posters who were just as sickened by the fighting as I was. Althogh drastic, I was hoping to make some see the futility of the fight.

I believe you when you say you are not trying to start another war, but I also see that a war is the inevitable outcome. Both men have strong supporters who will jump to the defense of their idol (maybe too strong a word, but the only one I could think of at the moment). I see neither as a saint and feel both deserve our appreciation, support and thanks for all their efforts. I really hate to see either getting maligned again.

Lew W

• gsark
    gsark

edited, it was just a wasted.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Dakota Red )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Edited by - gsark on 25 October 2002 0:45:41

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Dakota,

United front? Causing diviisions?

This is a discussion board, at least that is what the shingle says up top. I think it is high time for all 'activitists' and thier favorite oganizations, to stop and think about it.

Why should we react any differently, than we have? If nothing more, it proves beyond a shadow of a doubt, to any impatial observer, that we as ex-jw's, do not carry the same dysfunctional attitude we once had as cult member's. Accepting every utterance from the Wtbs and it's representitives, with absolute credibility.

In fact I will say, that this revelation as respects Bill Bowen, is very healthy. It demonstrates the folly of following anyone or organization. Yes we can support an effort, but when the leader's demand full allegance, unbending loyality. Its time for a reality check. Mr Bowen should be having one, but seems to keep up his stubborn instance that is above it all. Sorry Dakota no one will ever be put in that position again by this observer.

Danny

man i just read my speedy post here, and there are so many spelling error, Iam not even going to try!

Edited by - DannyBear on 25 October 2002 0:51:29

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit