Convention pictures #1

by borgfree 19 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

I just wanna say I'm more into "the witnesses now for beer" group - but having said that, I completely respect you guys for what you do, and am glad that you have seen the light. If only there was something else to unify us other than our common past, but my present is extremely happy in that while I don't have all the answers - I have stopped asking all the questions the Witnesses left me with. In other words, while complete clarity is not present, complete confusion isn't either - and while one does not know the entirety of the truth, one can still feel the love of God.

• DocBob
    DocBob
    Did you cut your hair?

I cut a foot off my pony tail this summer. It went to Lock of Love. http://www.locksoflove.org/

If any of you are thinking of cutting 10" or more of your hair, please consider sending it to them.

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

I am not a religious person, never have been. There were others there like me. It's not like an assembly, because you can go dressed as yourself, you can get up & go out into the living room areas & socialize & no one will give you dirty looks for missing 'spiritual fruit', lol. I didn't see any kids getting the shit kicked outta them, everyone looked happy, lots of hugs were exchanged, & many went just for the fellowship & to make new friends. Not all "talks" were even religious in nature on the Sat. am I went. I will go again next year, becaue of the ones that were Christian, they were the most balanced Christians I ever saw. having once been part of a group shoving their beliefs down other's throats, I think they know better. I would recdomend it to anyone, you won't be disappointed!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I came across a Catholic group many years ago called Christ's Witnesses. They took their name from Acts 1:8 and were trying to evangelize Jehovah's Witnesses. I must admit this is the first time I hear of Jesus' Witnesses.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

That is WILD!! Cool Pics everyone. Nice to see some familiar names *waving to flower* I so love pics...thanks for sharing and clearing up what happened to Elvis LOL.

~Beck~

• b_ster
    b_ster

borgfree: flower doesn't have a 'nice' smile.... She has a *great* smile!!!

• flower
    flower

Cool pictures! It was great meeting all of you in person finally. We had a nice time and what a beautiful drive through the mountains.

I'm not a Christian or a 'Witness for Jesus' but I enjoyed just socializing with certain people that I've been dying to meet up with for a long time.

I must admit it felt at first kinda like an assembly or JW convention but it was so great that I could wear jeans and come and go as I pleased AND there was no one walking around with a sign that said "PLEASE BE SEATED". LOL.

*Smooches* and ((((hugs))) to Grace and Joy my two favorite xjw's....well next to my honey of course.

flower

• borgfree
    borgfree

Kenneson,

I must admit this is the first time I hear of Jesus' Witnesses.

Just a clarification. Joan Cetnar's Ministry is "Witnesses Now For Jesus" The ex-jws who attend the convention do not go by that name, they are in many different churches, or, some in no church.

B_Ster,

flower doesn't have a 'nice' smile.... She has a *great* smile!!!

I certainly will agree with that statement.

Borgfree

• mouthy
    mouthy

Cynthia--THATS IT!!!!!!-- I have been trying to remember your name--- I couldnt....I missed you in my list of who I had met-besides forgetting gypsy-who I shouldnt have forgotten. I love ya both- but you know about "there was an old woman-who lived in a shoe" well here I am..!!!!!! So many children & Grand-children now-Many on this line.........

Roy your great they are tops....... How come I cant print them off????

• borgfree
    borgfree

Grace,

I have never tried to print a picture from strike9 so I do not know why you are having a problem with it. I cannot post the next set of pictures because I have posted two threads and must wait for 24 hrs. When I post the next (last) set, I will post the link, for anyone who might want to see the rest of the pictures.

Maybe you will have more success from that source, if not I will be glad to e-mail any to you that you want.

Borgfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit