How many would have stayed?

by freedom96 22 Replies latest jw friends

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

Damn Gary - I bet a gun to your head wouldn't have made you stay!

One word for me - COLLEGE

after that the rest was history. Mostly I disliked the hard core JWs, like the ones who home schooled thier children, had a pioneer mom and an elder dad. They acted so pius, like they were the perfect role models. BARF! Needless to say they had 3 outfits to wear and were the ugliest loosers in the whole congration.

We did have cool elders I'd have to say - it was the publishers always on my ass for something. It was hard to find fault because I put in aux pioneer hours during the summer but NO that wasn't good enough. Tell my parents you saw me driving down the highway at 80 MPH or that I was drinking too much. BS! Friggin busy body - gossipers. They should have minded their own business. My older brother even ratted me out once - never mind the rest of the kids at the party - I supplied the beer so it was my fault.

TT

• jurs
    jurs

I would have stayed. It was the issue of shunning that got to me in the end. I had a good friend who was a closet drinker and was terrified of getting DF'd. That started the ball rolling. As nutty as the beliefs were , and some I did have trouble with at first it was the cruelness of shunning that opened eyes. jurs

• minimus
    minimus

For someone that is still technically "in", like me, staying in would be easier if the religion wasn't so prohibitive. Mentally I am out mostly because of not believing in the authority of the "slave". I believe that most people don't resign from their religion even when disagreeable things happen. Look at the Catholic Church.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit