the sweetest thing

by forgetmenot 24 Replies latest social relationships

• forgetmenot
    forgetmenot

What is the sweetest or nicest thing somebody of the opposite sex has ever said or done for you? Or what would you want somebody of the opposite sex to say or do to you to make you all happy inside? (P.S. I'm NOT looking for sexual things here just things that make you stop and go "ahh how nice".)

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Well I am going to reply anyway even though it was a member of the same sex, but since it was a significant other I think it should count :)

My girlfriend and I were watching a movie, and part of one really made me sad because of my past experience with my mom, and she was just able to hold me and let me cry and kissed away my tears. It was so sweet. It was at that moment I knew how much she loved me and how much I loved her. It is amazning, they say the person you are meant to be with should make you a better person, I had never experienced that until now, my girl makes me want to be the best person I can be and when I am in her arms or her in mine I feel there is not more perfect place to be.....

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I think this was more for his wanting to show off his wealth more than just wanting to do it for me but Mark, and ex boyfriend of mine once came to pick me up from work in a Limo.

Other than that nothing sweet has ever been done for me. I on the other had used to have my ex husbands bath water ready for him when he returned home from work every day. I was repaid by him cheating on me with my best friend.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Honestly, the sweetest thing I've heard in 15 years is the first time Katie called me "Sweetie," the way she said it, the circumstances, my own need to be loved.

My heart just melted totally away, and it just keeps getting better and better.

Craig (of the totally smitten by bikerchic class)

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Sweetest thing that's ever been said to me was a couple of months ago, when a friend of mine said:

"You're a good influence on people."

I told him it was the sweetest true thing anyone had ever said about me.

GentlyFeral

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Especially for Shari, who deserves much sweetness.

For me, sweetness is receiving the small things in life, an unexpected gift, a hug for no real reason, a smile or just a kind word. Hearing my grandson say, "love ya papa" just melts my heart.

My dream is still to find someone who wishes to make me smile a lot and allow me to make her smile.

Lew W (of the hopelessly incurable romantic class)

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Lew, *sigh* why don't you live in NC?

Shari, of the hopeless romantic class

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Aw, Shari

I did live in NC once and my youngest daughter was born there. But, ya'll got enough old farts there already

Lew W

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Old Farts? You must be a Yankee. My father says the same thing, he lives in MN.

Do you call people cracker asses too?

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

LOL, Shari. Didn't you know I'm an old Florida Cracker?

No, I'm not a yam dankee.

Lew W (of the save your dixie cups, the south shall rise again class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit