haugland. Front up you bloody worm.

by refiners fire 18 Replies latest jw friends

• BATHORY
    BATHORY

i should stay outa this and watch from my pigeon hole.....

I will always support the aussies, always first, especially the okers which RF seems to be, but bloody " Jan the crag " ( no not cag ! ) is on the case, as as usuall seems to be 92.67 % correct.

Bugger, how do we get outa this one mate ???

Do we ask for time off for good behavior ??

SIDE POINT : Dear Mr Moe, no one enjoys a good sling match as i do, which i encourage you to propagate, but before you participate you gotta have something to say that adds charm to the

challange.

• TR
    TR

Well from what I understand, Prisca has actually met RF in person, and in the link Jan provided, Prisca calls RF "Edward Gentry", and RF didn't deny it.

TR

• JanH
    JanH

Englishman,

Just a query lads. Could it be that Refiners Fire used the name Edward Gentry here, but the Refiners Fire and/or Edward Gentry at JWOL are imposters?

A totally reasonable question. At first, I could not really believe that Edward Gentry on JWO was the same. I would doubt Refiner's would want to remind people anywhere about his past as a particularly malicious troll. A friend in Australia also pointed out some stylistic issues that made me doubt it further. I looked, and found the same peculiar stylistic traits present in JWD refiner's, JWD edward and JWO edward. The behaviour and alliances were also entirely consistent, so was the timing of the messages.

When the IP address of JWO edward (and also a fake 'kent' at JWO) was traced to an Australian ISP, that pretty much settled the question. I must hasten to add that the administrators on JWO had nothing to do with this tracing, but there are other methods.

The fake 'refiner's fire' on JWO was obviously not the same person, as was evident to all, except, apparently, some of refiner's own friends.

Another fake account on JWO, "julie", was most interestingly also traced to a second Australian ISP. Alliances and opinions were consistent with a very prominent member of this site, but she apparently also picked up a number of curse words she felt free to use behind a (she thought) anonymous fake ID. The fake 'julie' was only to be the first in a trend of fake personas taking on the IDs of known people, alas.

- Jan

Blogging at Secular Blasphemy
  • Englishman
    Englishman

TR,

Right. However, it could be that JWCOM's RF and EG are one person and JWOL's RF and EG are another person. We've seen plenty of impersonation of late, after all.

If this is the case then JWCOM's RF needs to say that he was EG also, but only on JWCOM.

It's the old old defence, one can prove one wasn't robbing Lloyds bank because one can prove one was robbing Barclays bank at that exact time.

Englishman

OK Jan H, just read your post after I posted the above.

Edited by - Englishman on 18 October 2002 11:26:20

• Farkel
    Farkel

Don't be so hard on Refiner's Fire.

He's just a bundle of warm fuzziness.

Farkel

• Francois
    Francois

I kinda thought the gentleman doth protest too much.

francois

• Englishman
    Englishman

Edited for innaccuracy, by me.

Englishman.

Edited by - Englishman on 18 October 2002 12:9:57

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

That's funny, I thought this thread was closed !

• Simon
    Simon

I'm sure at some point somethings I have written are similar to Ghandi or Charles Manson but it doesn't mean I am either one. Making posts that are similar to someone elses is rather trivial and is meaningless.

Thread over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit