Who Is Joseph F. Alward & What's He About?

by Francois 22 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

Gumby,

Since Jesus doesn't fix the world to your likings, why don't you and Joseph do it? Jesus has fixed me

"'To my likings"...you mean like world hunger, famines, disease, murder, ....that kind of stuff? Yea...I guess it would be nice if he would fix that. If I had his supposed power, I sure the hell would.....wouldn't you?

Me and Joseph can't fix it and we never CLAIMED we could or would.....like Jesus did.

' Have no fear he said, take comfort he said, I am coming quickly he said, a little while and the world we behold me no more....but YOU WILL, when you see the armies around Jerusalem...know your deliverance is NEAR.

So where the hell is he.

Also Kenneson...HOW has he fixed you? Are you going to get old and die like the rest of us...maybe get cancer or some other disease? What if your mate does or your children? You aren't FIXED any better than we are.

I wish you were right.....I really really do. Someone needs to step in.

Sorry for chewing your but out.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Gumby,

Our expectations are apparently the same. I do not intend to live on the earth forever. I am aging, I can get cancer and I will die. I don't believe Jesus promised us a panacea on earth where we would be free from pain, suffering and death. When I say he has fixed me I mean he has given me peace of mind and joy (which I did not possess when I was a JW). Even if everything around me may feel like it is falling apart, I am not shaken by it. Nor do I fear it. That is what I believe Jesus has done for me and countless others. The fixing is internal not external.

• gumby
    gumby

Kennesson,

When I say he has fixed me I mean he has given me peace of mind and joy (which I did not possess when I was a JW). Even if everything around me may feel like it is falling apart, I am not shaken by it. Nor do I fear it. That is what I believe Jesus has done for me and countless others. The fixing is internal not external.

I understand what you are saying my friend.Others without Christ also have peace of mind. Yours is with a hope....I understand that. I was a Christian after leaving the dubs for years....so I DO know where your coming from. When the terrorist struck Sept 11th.......the Christians were shook up too.....just like everyone else. They too had a measure of fear. I know this because I witnessed it.

You say this fixing is internal....not external. Does that satisfy the dilema the world is in? Eastern cultures and countless others have this same "inner feeling" of peace.

I have much to say about GOD/BIBLE but this post is getting too long as it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit