I can't send any PM's thru this site.....

by Newly Enlightened 25 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Hi Simon, I can't send any PM's thru the sites email system.

Please help!

kim

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH
    i have the same problem
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Yep - I can reply to pms, but can't send new ones from someone's profile page.
  • Ding
    Ding
    I haven't figured out how to send new PMs either.
  • Simon
    Simon

As a general 'good practice' when reporting any kind of issue (but especially an IT one) you'll normally have more chance of getting help if instead of "I can do ..." or "it doesn't work ..." you include things like:

• The steps you took, what things you have tried
    • Which page URL you went to
    • What browser make and version you are using
    • What you expected to happen
    • Any messages you received

• Ding
    Ding
    Could someone please explain the steps for sending a PM to a member who has not previously PMd you?
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Simon, if i click on a users ID like Dings above there is no option to send them a PM anywhere that I can see, so it looks like sending someone a PM (not a reply) is not available.

if I click into my own messages again there is no option to send one to anyone unless it is a reply to an existing message. Also I can only see my Inbox nothing i have sent.

Google Chrome latest version

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Exactly ss WMF but using CM and Opera Mini browsers.
  • Ding
    Ding
    I'm using Firefox.
  • Simon
    Simon
    Simon, if i click on a users ID like Dings above there is no option to send them a PM anywhere that I can see, so it looks like sending someone a PM (not a reply) is not available.

Ah, it looks like I may have accidentally dropped the link while reworking the topics / post history options.

If you hover over an avatar you can get to the 'send message' that way for now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit