We Left the WT After 25 Faithful Years....

by Tower Man 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Tower Man
    Tower Man

Hi,

You can listen to an MP3 of Bob & Amy Gray's personal story of why they left the Watchtower. They gave this talk last year at the annual Witnesses Now For Jesus Convention. By the Way, the convention is this weekend in PA. Check our support page for details including a list of speakers.

Anyway, the link to Bob & Amy's testimony is http://www.towertotruth.net/audio.htm

Tower Man

• happy man
    happy man

I can understand if someone leave his religion, as we se here of diffrent reasons.

But i have very difficult to understand someone who leave us and go to this new born Christians, who belive in hell, and all this mess. From smok to fire as I se it.

I have discuss this endless in my service in sweden, and try to tell this peopel that a loving God not can pain peopel fore ever in a hott place. fore me this is hypocrysi.

when i listen to a lot of this tapes, and i have, i dont like this arrogant and scornfull attitud some of them have, they treated us like we where some sort of dirt, who they can joke with and the audience are laughfing very nasty, not so loving as they say they are.

• BB
    BB

Well, isnt that special? I also left the organization after twenty-five years of "faithful service". Unfortunately, I dont have an audio tape that would support the highlights. However, I have allowed friends of mine to "pull my finger" to get a sampling of my feelings on the subject.

BB

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Yeah, Happy man, it'd be terrible if people could look back and laugh. Do you think it may be the laughter of relief that they're no longer in amongst that garbage, rather than that of derision?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

TowerMan:

By the Way, the convention is this weekend in PA. Check our support page for details including a list of speakers.

And you are gonna be there, right? Right? I heard some negative rumors about that from DJ...

happy man:

i have very difficult to understand someone who leave us and go to this new born Christians, who belive in hell, and all this mess. From smok to fire as I se it.
    There are many born-again Christians who do not believe that hell is a literal place of fiery torment. That isn't the distinction between us and JW's. The difference is that we accept Jesus as being "the Truth" (John 14:6) and not an organization. Unlike the JW's, we don't have a set of doctrines that we force everyone to accept in its entirety, but we allow the Holy Spirit to teach us all things, as Jesus said.
  • Tower Man
    Tower Man

Hey Neon,

Are you sure you're not an apologist incognito? I heard someone just like you in St. Louis. lol I am at this point 99% sure that I will be at the convention. My sister-in-law is dying of cancer, but she seems to be doing better lately which will enable us to get away for a few days. Maybe you should speak up there????

T Man

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000

There is only one true religion, in every sense of the imagination. And that's my religion.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Ditto jjrizo

• JT
    JT

There are many born-again Christians who do not believe that hell is a literal place of fiery torment

#######

let me make sure i got this right, there are some BA who will take the bible and show that hell is a real place and other BA who will take the same bible with the same verses and say that Hell is not a real place

you got to love religion, this sounds like a line straight out of wt dogma

if the numbers go up - god is blessing us

if the numbers go down- god is cleaning things up

either way you go the believer wins

now here we have another group who both claim to be teaching the will of god and it is 180 degrees opposite-

for a dogma as serious as Hell Fire and one that has such Life Eternal effects on a person - you would at least think they could get this one right- going to Hell to burn forever i don't want folks getting this dogma wrong

but as we have seen some belief systems got you roasting and others got in an Allegory

you got to love it

• DJ
    DJ
    you got to love it

Hi JT,

Yup! You do have to just love it don't you? The mentality of lock-step conformity one every single interpretation of every single verse is of the jw's. That is not what Jesus meant when he said, that there should be no divisions among us!

The funniest part is that while one BA may believe in a literal hell-fire while another BA thinks it's more like a separation from God with an awareness................believe it or not they still love one another as Christian brothers and sisters for whom Christ died. Yup, you do have to love it.

The common ground is the unity among believers that Christ died for us to give salvation to all who believe in him. This is free in Christ. This is where the intense love among the body is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit