Analyzing evolution through Laws of Probability

by pomegranate 145 Replies latest jw friends

• pomegranate
    pomegranate
    The biggest threat to (the Christian) God isn't evolution... it's morality. Whether you're a special creationist or theistic evolutionist, why would God create carnivorous animals before sin was ever introduced into the universe?

Simple. He created the physical world in image and likeness of the very conditions the heavens were in.

UPHEAVAL.

In the image and likeness of God ruling over creatures above, Man was given the animals to rule over. But guess what...there were animals man couldn't rule over. THE WILD ONES. In heaven, there were "animals" that God could no longer rule over, the "WILD ONES."

But there were some He could rule over, DOMESTIC ONES. As on earth, man could rule over "domestic" animals...

Gen 3:1
    3:1 Now the serpent (Satan) was more crafty than any of the wild animals (demons) the LORD God had made.

Satan and the demons were ALREADY "wild" in heaven BEFORE God began creating the physical earth below IN IMAGE AND LIKENESS of the heavens above.

Which meant a physical world of GOOD and BAD, because the heavens was in a state of GOOD and BAD.

As in heaven so on earth...

Sin has NOTHING to do with wild killing animals. That's EXACTLY how he created them. They killed while Adam and Eve were alive...

Edited by - pomegranate on 21 October 2002 20:34:41

• rem
    rem

Wow, that's pretty cookoo, Pomegranate. Sounds like a pretty impotent god you worship. Why didn't he get his affairs straight in heaven before screwing up physical creation? Irresponsible.

rem

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

There was no Law.

• crownboy
    crownboy

pomegranate,

Perhaps you should read the book: Biology and Theory: RNA and the Origin of Life by Alan W. Schwartz (in addition to Morowitz's most recent book that I recommended ).

Basically, what Morowitz had speculated about the origin of life was incorrect. The DNA based genome that he wrote about at the time is way more complex a self replicator than scientist now know to be as the most "simple". Unfortunately, creationist continue to dishonestly expouse this falsehood and misquote the man (as are his works on the thermal equilibrium stuff). The book I recommended above ought to answer many questions you have on this topic .

BTW, interesting theological speculation you make there on the post after the one addressed to me. Can't fault you for a lack of imagination . Personally, I always went with the "God had his reasons" excuse.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

pomegranate, Perhaps you should read the book: Biology and Theory: RNA and the Origin of Life by Alan W. Schwartz (in addition to Morowitz's most recent book that I recommended ).

I'll read it. I read everything...

Basically, what Morowitz had speculated about the origin of life was incorrect. The DNA based genome that he wrote about at the time is way more complex a self replicator than scientist now know to be as the most "simple". Unfortunately, creationist continue to dishonestly expouse this falsehood and misquote the man (as are his works on the thermal equilibrium stuff). The book I recommended above ought to answer many questions you have on this topic.

Well, Morowitz still stands behind his postulations whether you (or other evolutionists) agree with them or not. His purpose in postulating was to get to the theoretical bottom of the free living self replicating organism. It is theory. Every scientists theory(including Mr Scwartz if he so THEORIZES) is hypothetical. Anything theoretical or hypothetical cannot be wrong, because it's only theory anyway. I have done nothing doshonest quoting him. But what is surely happening is, as scientists try to theorize a less and less complex entity, they find that the pieces they have now become more and more complex under closeer and closer scrutiny. As it should. The microcosm shall be as infinitely small as the macrocosm is infinitely large. They are both endless...

BTW, interesting theological speculation you make there on the post after the one addressed to me. Can't fault you for a lack of imagination. Personally, I always went with the "God had his reasons" excuse.

Funny thing is, I don't believe I'm speculating...

Edited by - pomegranate on 21 October 2002 21:18:41

• Know_You
    Know_You

: Funny thing is, I don't believe I'm speculating..

Nobody ever does.

Know_You

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit